Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When You've Got An Itch

Re: When You've Got An Itch

Cool pics, now I have a bear itch.

Amazing pics!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I saw those bears a couple summers ago when the cubs were quite small. I assume it’s the same sow. Pretty close to your place anyway.
    I've been thinking about this today. In 2016 I had a couple co-workers that said they saw a sow with two small cubs in there. I thought they might have been mistaken as the cub I saw wasn't much smaller than the sow. Did you see small cubs in 2016. Maybe there were 2 sows in there in 2016?

The ones I saw were very small. I guess they’d be 2 1/2 this year. Surprising that there’d be two sows with twins but I guess that boar has been hanging around for a long time and I’ve seen other smaller adults not far to the east and north really.

More bears than deer over there now I guess. Gonna have to start being more careful.

Interesting!!! Sounds like there were two sows in there. Here are the poor photos I captured in 2016. There was just 1 yearling cub. So there is the potential of 6 bears in there right now with 3 breeding age sows. Wow! Definitely makes a guy think twice about going for a walk above my house.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Interesting!!! Sounds like there were two sows in there. Here are the poor photos I captured in 2016. There was just 1 yearling cub. So there is the potential of 6 bears in there right now with 3 breeding age sows. Wow! Definitely makes a guy think twice about going for a walk above my house.

Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing! What area/region is that,or is it close to?

This is in Region 3 above my house here in Clearwater.

Here are some more captures from last weekend. Same sow or is this the yearling cub now as a 3 year old? Face looks pretty young imo.

Those 2016 photos are definitely not the bears I saw. Crazy.

Kinda reminds me of a Curb Lund lyric, "theres grizzlies where there was no grizzly bears before"

Who would have thunk that prime mule deer winter range would be taken over by grizzly bears? I guess that IDF is prime habitat. With the deer being gone, something needs to live there. But how, I thought there were too many roads and it was too fragmented by cutblocks.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing