Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Coast River Closures

Re: North Coast River Closures

Talk is cheap it takes money to buy whiskey, my bet is Fn's will fish, just as they are doing on the fraser stocks that are tanking
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

The netting months Skeena over the last few years is alarming.
    The Skeena is at where the Fraser was 10years. Multiple sets through the hog line where the kalum fish stage has all but wiped out on the biggest Chinook genes in the world.
    Nass is going through the same shit.....
    More opportunities now for FN to commit in river genocides.

Sadly even though needed and logical there will not be any total closures. In my opinion DFO wouldnt dare try to enforce a total closure because of the potential issues with FN, so they wont even go there. Rec's and Comms will take it in the pooper once again and the continued decimation of stocks will continue in-river. Fraser will likely be as good as dead in a short few years except what little may return toward the hatcheries.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Talk is cheap it takes money to buy whiskey, my bet is Fn's will fish, just as they are doing on the fraser stocks that are tanking
    I lived in Hazelton for 14 years , believe me, the Skeena and Bulkley will as full of gill nets as ever. Those FN`s are bullet proof. They won`t quit until the last fish Is caught ,then they`ll sue the Gov. for a billion $.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    I lived in Hazelton for 14 years , believe me, the Skeena and Bulkley will as full of gill nets as ever. Those FN`s are bullet proof. They won`t quit until the last fish Is caught ,then they`ll sue the Gov. for a billion $.
    Yuppp all while dumping full deep freezers full of fish down back roads or at the land fill

A lot of the first nations up here are rod only for food fish. I don't see anyone prepping the nets this year.

At this rate, curried bologna is going to be making a BIG appearance on tables this feast season.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    I applaud First Nations for taking that step, without their support all hope is truly lost. But this closure is not regarding concerns over Sockeye stocks but rather Chinook. There is no such recommendation regarding Springs along the Skeena.
    Don't applaud to loud as it is BS there were FN nets in the river last year!

We should organize a river log drive in net season. ...oops. ..sorry about the net!

[QUOTE]Should be a total closure for all users if the returns are in dire situations? [/QUOTE

Should be a complete closure for everybody but that will never happen.
    Do something about the over abundance of seals and sea lions might help.
    Cut down on commercial herring fisheries. Herring are the main food of salmon and a lot of other fish.
    And keep the friking nets out of the rivers and lakes.
    A few years ago the wife and I drove past Kamloops lake and there was a bunch gill net boats with their nets out.