Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing License

Re: Fishing License

its funny that you don't have to carry a hunting licence ... but you do a fishing licence
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    It seems strange to me that you need it at all as the CO's have their complete database on their handheld units so as long as you have ID (drivers licence, etc.) they should be able to look you up and confirm you have a license.
    Most don't have handheld units. They are in their vehicles so if they hike into your fishing hole they're not gonna walk back out and look you up. I have it straight from the port Alberni co. Digital copy they email you plus ID is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    its funny that you don't have to carry a hunting licence ... but you do a fishing licence
    Yes you do. And all your tags

The biggest problem with not having or shrinking your license is recording Chinook. When it was explained to me you best record that you kept a Spring before your line goes back in the water or you can recieve a ticket. No different than cutting your tag before handling animal. Now I know some COs may not be so strict about timing it but you best not be driving home with unrecorded chinook in the back with out a reciept from the store.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Yes you do. And all your tags

So if I buy a hunting licence .. but no tags

grouse, yotes etc .... exactly what am carrying on my person again??
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

So if I buy a hunting licence .. but no tags

grouse, yotes etc .... exactly what am carrying on my person again??
    Your license.

Your license.
    That will be a neat trick

show me your paper copy of hunting licence please

Here let me spoon feed you some info that's been floating around for a couple of years and put into full effect April of last year

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...sked-questions

photo ID and FWID# is all you need ... memorize your FWID and carry some sort of gov issued photo ID

I don't see why this cant be the same way for fishing ... You buy Salmon stamps etc ... specific body licences

The average guy going fishin for Kokes and Bows ... not needed in my opinion ... buy online ... COs can check your credentials from their devices
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 05-16-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

That will be a neat trick

show me your paper copy of hunting licence please

Here let me spoon feed you some info that's been floating around for a couple of years and put into full effect April of last year

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...sked-questions

photo ID and FWID# is all you need ... memorize your FWID and carry some sort of gov issued photo ID

I don't see why this cant be the same way for fishing ... You buy Salmon stamps etc ... specific body licences

The average guy going fishin for Kokes and Bows ... not needed in my opinion ... buy online ... COs can check your credentials from their devices
    Sorry... Should have been more clear as I consider the fwid as a license. That being said why is it one single piece of paper the drama? It's a sheet of paper.

Sorry... Should have been more clear as I consider the fwid as a license. That being said why is it one single piece of paper the drama? It's a sheet of paper.
    Your FWID is not your licence, it just identifies that you have credentials to obtain a license. Your license is electronically linked to your FWID. Your FWID does not expire, it's for life. You license attached to you FWID will expire every Mar31.

Folded up it takes up less room than a credit card or drivers license which everybody has in their wallet everywhere they go, fold it up in your wallet when you buy it and you’ll always have it and won’t even notice it’s there, not sure how a piece of paper is a pain, before they had to be printed they were still a piece of paper :s