Thread: Sprinf bear near loon lake ?

Sprinf bear near loon lake ?

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding spring bear around the loon lake area ? Before the fires last summer, did this area hold a fair number of black bear ? Has anyone been up that way recently and how are the road conditions? Starting to green up yet ? Hoping to head up that way this weekend. Any info would be appreciated ! Thanks guys and good luck this spring !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sprinf bear near loon lake ?

Hey buddy, I read your question and drove up there and did your homework for ya. Yes it held black bear before the fires, they'll be back soon enough if not already, yes it's starting to green up, the roads are so-so.

Haha youre the man. Thanks for the info

I don't see very many bears up there, now cougars yes.. I've only seen two bears in 3 years there with many lines on and off road, but for bears we always hit the Nahatlatch.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Hat Creek area on the other side of the highway has been good in the past. Not sure if the fires had any effect to the game in there?
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Thanks for info guys, i appreciate it !

Was up there last weekend. Not alot of sign as of yet. Just starting to green up. Saw some piles of scat but no bears. I have seen them in there pre fire. IMO there are much much better places to hunt bears.