Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New optics

New optics

Hey guys, looks like I have to replace my Vortex Vipers pre HD style 10x42.....lost them during a move somehow. So here's what I've been looking at, new Vortex Viper HD (the new models are out and supposed to be really nice). Maybe the jump to Vortex Razor HD, not sure if the price jump is worth it. As well considering the Meopta MeoPro, I've read some great reviews but I'm not sure about the warranty compared to Vortex. I've used the Vortex warranty in the past when the adjustable eye relief got full of debris and I couldn't clean it properly. Sent it off and in about 10 days got them back good as new, also included a cleaning brush. Great customer service. Thanks for any experience you can share

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New optics

I've been using Vortex binos since 2012. A couple years with the Viper HD, a few with the Razor 10x42 and last year I switched to the Razor 8x42. They've all performed great and no issues. If you can afford the Razors, I'd lean that way
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

10x42 razors work well for me. I think you’ll be impressed if you try them. However, the vipers are likely a better deal. Excellent glass for a decent price.

My son has Monarch 5’s and they’ve awesome for the money.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

check out the Nikon monarch 7. very nice glass, and apparently good warranty. I had convinced myself to buy vortex last year, until i checked them out. Slightly larger field of view as well for the nikon line

Or, you could buy Leica, Swaro, or Zeiss, and never have to buy binos again.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

^^^^yep, love my Zeiss....I was impressed with the warranty when I owned Vortex as well, but I got sick and tired of sending them in..

I love my leopold BX 3 pro guides, 10x42 at 1.5 lbs..

Here is a review of the latest version...

http://outdoortrailsnetwork.com/buy-...x42-binoculars
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Thanks guys, I went with the new for 2018 Vipers. I talked to the guys at Great North Precision and they hooked me up. I based my decision on the past dealings with Vortex which were really good. Time will tell but I feel good about it. I appreciate all of the input. Now watch me find my old ones next week......

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Thanks guys, I went with the new for 2018 Vipers. I talked to the guys at Great North Precision and they hooked me up. I based my decision on the past dealings with Vortex which were really good. Time will tell but I feel good about it. I appreciate all of the input. Now watch me find my old ones next week......
    Solid choice. Great quality for the cost.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Cant go wrong with the Vipers or Great North Precision