Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favourite hunting day pack?

Re: What’s your favourite hunting day pack?

I would would recommend the Kifaru universal gunbearer for any and every pack. It's soooooo much better than a sling slipping off your shoulder every 15 seconds.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    x2 on the SG Solo 3300 with the x-curve
    I'm sold on SG gear, amazing stuff and built tough.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I'm trying to understand how anything that can't (really) haul meat can be considered useful as a daypack, unless you're just scouting (in which case you should grab an Osprey Manta AG because they're wicked). Like, if I'm out there and get something but my small pack is stuffed with my "stuff"...how am I going to haul a deer back 2 - 5 kms?

Easy, lots of hunters go out not expecting to have to haul meat in their daypack, retrieval methods vary.

My daypack around home turf is a convenient go-bag, always packed, grab and hunt and have not had to backpack any of the last dozen or so deer
    Had to haul one, it was an easy 2 km walk back to the truck for the Freighter frame and game bag
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Stone Glacier Xcurve w/Solo 3300

Agreed.......

I have a Mystery Ranch Cabinet and it's the nicest pack I've owned yet. Nice and compact and light for easy day trips but can expand and carry meat out or drybags etc for longer trips. Might add the Pintler bag only as another option for the same frame. Would eventually like a Kifaru as well as apparently they are even another step above the MR but with our dollar so low in the tank they aren't cheap...

Picked up a Kuiu icon pro 3200 during the winter. So far I'm really happy with it- however I haven't packed an animal out with it yet. That said I have had it loaded up 65+ lbs for training and have taken it on some over night trips. It works great for day trips and weekend over night trips. I couldn't see stretching it any further than 3 days 2 nights unless you have the lightest of the ultra light gear out there...
    I haven't ran into any of the common issues that people complain about with this pack. Lots of pockets for storage and sorting which is nice. The construction is pretty good with lots of adjustment to get it to fit you.
    If I hadn't of gotten a deal on it I would have gone with Stone Glacier or saved my pennies up for a Kifaru...
    ig: mmckimmi

I use a ALPS Outdoorz Matrix . It has the back support , hydration pockets and a sling for your rifle/bow/crossbow . Very satisfied with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    Mystery Ranch Crew cab. Can't be the quality. It is compact until you need more space, then it opens up to a huge carrying capacity.
    X2 on that one Greenthumbeb , great pack well worth the $$$ .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Well, money being an issue a while back for different reasons than now, I got a camo camelback day pack for relatively close to truck or boat hunting. For further efforts I threw the daypack on my cabelas Alaskan external frame along with a couple game bags in a dry bag. Guess what, 15 years later, still my go to. Lots of solutions out there but ultimately I need something to be as comfy as possible for hauling heavy weight. That packframe has hauled 1000’s of pounds and my back is still pretty happy.