Thread: 2018 grizzly bear encounter

2018 grizzly bear encounter

Hey everyone
    so a few days back my uncle and i decided to head out for a afternoon black bear hunt we headed to a area i know pretty well i did see a grizzly last year about 10 km up the road but that was it only a few black bears in this area. with a bit of snow still on the ground we decided it was best to walk into a area like a mountain meadow seen bears all the time in there. i no soon open the truck door and hears a bear track in the snow im getting exited so we head one way to look at the river that flowing hard see a few trucks in the grassy field. we start heading down the side trail to the meadow hears moose and bear tracks all over in the snow we hiked in 3 km before heading back as the snow was just to much to hike throw. as we head back we round the first corner we look at our foot prints in the snow and hears grizzly tracts on top of out tracks we get ready the 338 win mag gets 225 grain ttsx barns chamber finger ready to push safety off and shoot if need be. we hiked all back to the truck sure as crap there grizzly tracks all the way back. we really never expected to see anything. this maybe was more than we bargained for haha. i did find some odd tracts in the snow very dog like or wolf but grizzly length claws any ideas.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2018 grizzly bear encounter

Saw two big grizzlies last week in the big timber when out shed hunting they where together one was a sow the other a boar I saw them before they saw me I backed out of the area its matting season for the bears right now..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..