Thread: Harrison - Bear Creek FSR

Harrison - Bear Creek FSR

Thinking about spending a night or two up Bear Creek FSR off Harrison East for spring bear. Back packing in. Anyone know if there is a gate on the road in? (I hope there is).

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Harrison - Bear Creek FSR

Last time I was up there the Bridge was out, hike in only, Im not sure if you could even take a quad across, saw some bear sign.

Mtn Wonderer, thanks for the reply bud. I was looking at google earth. Seems to be some “fresher” cuts up there (could be 10 years old and never replanted) but the govbc site for FSR show the road as active. There is a bridge warning way up at the top end of the valley but I didn’t see anything else. When was the last time you were up? I was hoping it would be deactivated to some degree anyway.

Two years ago the bridge is at the top end of the valley we walked into the back end in about 4 hours pokin around looking. took our pack kart in brought it back empty. 2 years ago.

There was a gate about halfway, sometimes open sometimes closed but never seen it locked...

Been up there 3 years ago. Like said above gate is there usually open... if you park at the washed out bridge you have 2-3 directions you can hike..: bunch of bear sign when I was there. Saw a bear and lots of black tail sign

I would deff head up there... it is high up so not sure what the snow pack is like

I was up there hunting blacktails in November and was able to get quite a ways back on the quad before having to continue on foot. As others have mentioned, there is a gate, but never seen it locked. Biggest thing I worry about on east Harrison in the spring is getting trapped behind a washout. Seen the smallest trickle of water turn into a raging river in a matter of hours. So keep that in mind if camping way back there. Either super hot weather or real heavy rain, I’d get myself back down to the main road in a hurry.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Was thinking to head up that way in the next couple weeks. See if I can connect with a bruin , need some bear sausage. My kids are starting to complain
    Last edited by Billybird; 05-03-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Tight groups Safe hunts

Quote Originally Posted by plumberjustin View Post
    I was up there hunting blacktails in November and was able to get quite a ways back on the quad before having to continue on foot. As others have mentioned, there is a gate, but never seen it locked. Biggest thing I worry about on east Harrison in the spring is getting trapped behind a washout. Seen the smallest trickle of water turn into a raging river in a matter of hours. So keep that in mind if camping way back there. Either super hot weather or real heavy rain, I’d get myself back down to the main road in a hurry.
    That is some good advice Justin !
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake