Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 5 Moose leh.

Region 5 Moose leh.

Was wondering when they are going to announce the number of Bulls alotted and lift the TBD.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5 Moose leh.

Probably a day after the deadline for entering.

Call Victoria and ask as I was wondering the same thing.

My LEH hunt in 5-13 was cancelled last year and the letter I received stated that the government would assess the situation in 2018 to determine if there would be opportunities going forward. Don't hold your breath, if I was a betting man I would guess there will be no draws in 2018, and possibly none in the near future. Hope I am wrong but I have a feeling the fire last year was a convenient excuse to cancel the LEH due to pressure from the stewards of the land.

I hear yah. Yes heat is probably right but is not from the fires, more like the Canim Reserve!

One of the best things you guys in the Caribou can do is de-activate roads by any means necessary, to prevent the stewards of the land from doing their unregulated hunting in certain areas, giving the moose a safe haven from the two legged preds at least...that and hammer wolves and bears..

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    One of the best things you guys in the Caribou can do is de-activate roads by any means necessary, to prevent the stewards of the land from doing their unregulated hunting in certain areas, giving the moose a safe haven from the two legged preds at least...that and hammer wolves and bears..
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Is ANY one listening.??

Good post Harry...... It sure would help.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I agree Harry, Both gates past our ranch are to be locked very shortly giving access only to forestry and ourselves for ranching purposes.

Decision is endorsed by the local Band and Outfitter.

I will let you know how many RHs are at my door screaming about their "rights" this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek2005531
    I agree Harry, Both gates past our ranch are to be locked very shortly giving access only to forestry and ourselves for ranching purposes.

Decision is endorsed by the local Band and Outfitter.

I will let you know how many RHs are at my door screaming about their "rights" this fall.
    I think its a wonderful plan BUT..isnt there always..lol
    Do you think It will survive week #1 pickup truck..grade 8 chain and 1986 chevy 4x4...? Just asking..
    Wish you well out there.be safe.
    Cheers
    Steven