Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favourite leather boot care practices and products for hunting?

Re: What's your favourite leather boot care practices and products for hunting?

Well I worked on log tows for 15 years had Paris ,and Dayton cork leather boots,mink oil leather dressing all were good sno seal was good until they put silicon in it .Don't use anything with silicon short cut breaks the leather down.All the rest kept them waterproof in salt water all the time and lasted.Last set of Paris boots had rebuilt then never used them again my .02 worth

Nikwax on my lowas. Clean them with the nikwax bootwash then apply the wax while still wet. It wont plug up the pores in the goretex. Best product I have used hands down. Lasts all season. Tried silicone sprays, snoseal, mink oil, dubbin, danner boot dressing, lowa active cream and spray. All retired now for the nikwax. All my DWR gear gets nikwax treatment also.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 05-24-2018 at 03:40 AM.

We use bear grease or if we have none it's Coach-O-Line. Both work awesomely.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Honestly I treat my Miendls like crap but I swear by that Viberg boot grease in the black tub.Boots always dry

Hanwag has some of the best advice and info on proper boot care i have seen on there web site
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Nikwax cream.