Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max yesterday morning.

One of the females dogs and him were play fighting like they always do when her lower jaw/teeth got wrapped under his collar one of the dogs then must have twisted around clamping the collar to her lower jaw it was so tight that Max couldn't breath and I couldn't pop it off her jaw.

I was there while he was still alive my wife ran scissors and a knife out to me but it was so tight I couldn't get under the collar to cut it until he was gone I gave CPR but it was to late I could not resuscitate him.

Our beautiful special boy died in my arms he would have been one year old April 29 and I couldn't do anything about it all my CPR training over the years didn't help....

Just minutes before this happened Max had come into my bedroom jumped up on the bed waking me up he licked me and played with me for about 5 minutes he had never done that before.

Max you were special actually you were the most special animal I have ever had close to me you will be missed so much...

I blame the collars design you feed the male end plastic clip thru the metal ring to clip it to a female end the clip had popped apart but the male end jammed in the metal ring not allowing it to fall off.

Do not buy this style of collar this one was made by Rogz.

My son saying goodbye to his pup.

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Sorry for your loss.......

that's horrible. very sorry

I’m sorry for your loss. That’s a horrible experience. I hope your family is doing ok
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Condolences what a terrible thing to have happen. I am never without my Buck clip knife.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and the family. I actually hate dog collars, they just seem like a bad idea from the start and have heard of way too many accidents, hung up on a fence both going over and under, or jump/fall out of the truck when the leash/rope is tied off, now this. Prefer chest harnesses myself. You'd think there's gotta be a better way to make the collars with a break away system but then I guess they don't really do their job if a dog tries to pull away from you when on leash or tied up either...

Hard to have that buck knife on you when you have just gotten up and walked into the office in your boxers.

Thank you all for your thoughts this has devastated me and my family even our pups older sisters are reacting to this.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Same thing happened to our dogs but fortunately I was able to get then untangled. It was horrible. Sorry to hear.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Omg that’s traumatic as all hell. It’s amazing how much love a puppers can give all for a bowl of kibble. I only use leather collars or non at all. I prefer their “organic” look.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Man i can't imagine what you are going through, remember all the good times you had.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit