Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max yesterday morning.

One of the females dogs and him were play fighting like they always do when her lower jaw/teeth got wrapped under his collar one of the dogs then must have twisted around clamping the collar to her lower jaw it was so tight that Max couldn't breath and I couldn't pop it off her jaw.

I was there while he was still alive my wife ran scissors and a knife out to me but it was so tight I couldn't get under the collar to cut it until he was gone I gave CPR but it was to late I could not resuscitate him.

Our beautiful special boy died in my arms he would have been one year old April 29 and I couldn't do anything about it all my CPR training over the years didn't help....

Just minutes before this happened Max had come into my bedroom jumped up on the bed waking me up he licked me and played with me for about 5 minutes he had never done that before.

Max you were special actually you were the most special animal I have ever had close to me you will be missed so much...

I blame the collars design you feed the male end plastic clip thru the metal ring to clip it to a female end the clip had popped apart but the male end jammed in the metal ring not allowing it to fall off.

Do not buy this style of collar this one was made by Rogz.

My son saying goodbye to his pup.