Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Re: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Mr Bru was 5 weeks old yesterday only 2 more weeks to go until we go get him and Cera turns out he has longer hair like his dad.

Breeders took and sent these pictures to me today.

Last edited by Camp Cook; 08-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Our new pup Bru is now 5 months old and weighs in at 68lbs.

He is turning into a super pup he is a total sweetheart and in many ways he is very much like his big brother Max that we so tragically lost on April 26/18.

Here he is with his two older sisters Chloe and Zoe pic taken yesterday morning Dec 3/18.

I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Here is this weekends up date its hard to believe so much time has already gone by...

Wow what a year had my beloved pup choke to death in my arms on April 26/18 getting his brother that was born June 30/18 then having to put down my old Chesapeake Bay retriever earlier this year = total roller coaster ride of emotions...

Now to this weekend our Bru turned 1 year old yesterday June 30/19 his sisters are now 2 1/2 years old and then tomorrow morning our Bru is going in to the vet to get fixed giving us 2 weeks of hell with a big pup in a cone.

Here they are L-R Chloe - Bru - Zoe for size reference Zoe is appr 130lbs.

Bru's birthday dinner consisted of the huge Costco beef wieners whole and mixed in their dry food and 3 cupcakes each.

Amazing what dogs mean to us and the raw emotion they can make us feel

Looks like Bru had an awesome birthday. And so glad to hear you are on the up side of some pretty rough times.

Sad to hear about this.

I had that happen to my dogs.
    They were play fighting and one of them got his lower jaw stuck under the other dog's collar and turned, choking the other dog.
    But I was with them and I untangled them.

My dog never wears collars unless he is on a leash and that's kind of rare.

There is no reason for dogs to wear collars at home and at play, imo.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

My dog feels naked without her collar on. If I take it off to hose her down she just stands there waiting for it to go back on. She wears it when I hunt and hike because it has ID info on it,,,,,like my name, not hers and ph. numbers, and also a line that says HIGH MEDICAL ALERT in case some yahoo decides he might want to keep her and then thinks twice about it because it might cost him a mint in medical bills. You never think your dog will go missing but it's always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    My dog feels naked without her collar on. If I take it off to hose her down she just stands there waiting for it to go back on. She wears it when I hunt and hike because it has ID info on it,,,,,like my name, not hers and ph. numbers, and also a line that says HIGH MEDICAL ALERT in case some yahoo decides he might want to keep her and then thinks twice about it because it might cost him a mint in medical bills. You never think your dog will go missing but it's always possible.

Sure, collar with ID when you are somewhere where the dog could get lost is fine.
    My dog has a micro chip and a tattoo so the owner can easily be found.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Sure, collar with ID when you are somewhere where the dog could get lost is fine.
    My dog has a micro chip and a tattoo so the owner can easily be found.
    My griff is chipped and tattooed, as well, but that doesn't help you much unless the person who found the dog wants to take the dog in to a place where it can be read. If they're out in the boonies or in a small town somewhere they may not care enough to take your dog in but they'd probably phone you if they have telephone or cell service.

Do people who aren't dog people even know about micro chips? Personally, I don't know if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    My griff is chipped and tattooed, as well, but that doesn't help you much unless the person who found the dog wants to take the dog in to a place where it can be read. If they're out in the boonies or in a small town somewhere they may not care enough to take your dog in but they'd probably phone you if they have telephone or cell service.

Do people who aren't dog people even know about micro chips? Personally, I don't know if they do.

Agreed, not much one can do if someone doesn't want to find the owner.
    But if they take it to a vet and the vet figures out whose dog it is, they might call you.
    At least I hope so.
    1. Human over population

I lost my dog Max a few weeks ago he was only 8 months old . He jumped out of the canopy window and went under the quad trail while driving down the high .
    Sorry for your lose , I know how you feel !