Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Re: Horrible freak choking accident took our male dog Max

Camp cook...
    I wouldnt have mattered what tool you had. It wouldnt have mattered what collar he wore. That is the worst freak accident i have ever heard... and that is what it was..
    A freak accident....dont take it too far in your head...you couldnt have changed it..

Sorry.

Sorry to hear you lost your dog in such a manner. I've never heard of that happening before.

We had some closure finally from this terrible ordeal, yesterday we planted an apple tree and 2 blueberry bushes on Max's grave we also put a small clam fossil rock head stone at the head of the grave my son then 1/2 buried Max's favorite toy that we had previously just laid on top of the grave..

The toy was a great idea until one of Max's older sisters ran in and grabbed it raced it away and started squeaking it she really likes these toys too.

After the work, many more tears and a prayer which included healing for us and asking for Max's parents to produce another white male puppy that looks like Max and his sisters we walked back across the road I lit a fire and we roasted hotdogs for Max's birthday dinner.

There is now a bottle of Crown Royal in the notch I cut into the big old cedar stump appr 15' behind his grave.

Max's grave is located immediately across the uphill side of the road from the Vedder Mtn #20 dirt bike trail marker you can't miss it there is a small white cross on a tree feel free to share in our loss by having a toast on me.

We have never had a special place to put our dogs to rest before in the past they have mostly just been cremated from now on all of our dogs when they pass on will be brought here for their final resting place.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Oh man, that is horrible, I am so sorry for your experience and loss.

heart breaking story, sorry for your loss
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Max was the super happy guy on the left...

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Crap. Thats horrible. I feel for you all. Especially the kids

wow thats sucks....

hard discussion with the kids too .i feel your pain and you have condolences..

thats a freak accident.

I am so sorry for your loss. Devastating for you and your family.

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common occurrence with any collar, no matter the model. When dogs play fight they go for each others neck... where the collar is...super easy for them to get teeth caught under their playmates collar or in their tags. No collars at home is our rule...every time my dogs are out of sight when hunting I worry they have got their collar caught on something.... they don't wear tags for the same reason.

I shall raise my glass to your pup's mountain in memory.

Be kind to yourself... there was nothing you could do under the circumstances.
    Last edited by Kasomor; 04-30-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Sad to hear this. Other then going on a leashed walk I don’t tend to have a collar on my dog.