Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staggering truths and historical facts

Re: Staggering truths and historical facts

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    IBTL who are the couple of newbs posting, did Jazzy call some friends or did they get govt funding from Turdo to protest...
    How many posts and hours of one's life must be contributed to a forum before they are no longer a "newb"? ^^

Great post and information. Do you have the link to the original article? I would like to have a copy for myself. I am sick and fed up with the two tiered, double standard that natives enjoy and non natives face in BC. If you are not a native in Canada then you face discrimination. Make everyone equal. That means equal rights, equal opportunities and equal punishments. I can't stand our government options in BC to the point that I am considering moving my family to a different province. Very fed up with the Provincial and Federal government in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    And what does this have to do with hunting specific topics? As far as I know this is a hunting forum to exchange useful info and tips about species, areas etc. If you want to go on a political rant, I suggest a different forum, just saying. Not judging anything, everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.
    Hunters are specifically targeted and marginalized by Status Indians for discrimination and segregation. The Federal Government is funding a hate group to persecute us!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Kb3 View Post
    Great post and information. Do you have the link to the original article? I would like to have a copy for myself. I am sick and fed up with the two tiered, double standard that natives enjoy and non natives face in BC. If you are not a native in Canada then you face discrimination. Make everyone equal. That means equal rights, equal opportunities and equal punishments. I can't stand our government options in BC to the point that I am considering moving my family to a different province. Very fed up with the Provincial and Federal government in Canada.
    Couldn't agree more....and very good article.....

I recognize them as a distinct group but should this group be treated any bettter than any other ethnic group? If so , why? What makes them so special? Btw , the “taps” as you put it , should never have been left running. They are given billions of $$$ and want to govern themselves , but when they fail to do so , it’s our governments fault. The government , by hand feeding them over all these years has created this problem.

That's a good write up, thanks for posting! I grew up in southern Manitoba and watched as the local Ojibwa reserve went though many years of hell courtesy of our governments welfare handouts. Giving a human a free ride down the street from the liquor store is just a recipe for the government to recover their welfare in liquor taxes. This isn't really about so called natives, we're all people, saying someone is native is just a cultural bullshit stamp, part of the old divide and conquer plan.
    I remember seeing people in this particular reserve doing things like burning their house siding in winter to keep warm rather than going out and cutting some wood because the government would just renovate their house for them in the spring.
    At one point, a family came up from a reserve in the USA, and re introduced culture into this reserve. The results were astounding, in a few short years, a store, hockey rink, and other structures were built. Pow wow's were held with thousands attending from across Canada and the USA. The reserve became a very different place as self worth and respect were brought from within the community to the people living there.
    Sadly this only lasted as long as the people who instigated it lived there, because underneath it all, government hand outs remained and once the drive to rise above that moved away, people reverted to their safety net of government sponsored laziness. In a few years the store closed, the rink was left to go to ruin and once again, liquor ruled the day!
    Our government is king at enabling dysfunction and addiction for profit. It's as simple as that!
    The politicians will do anything to garner votes and collect their large paycheck's and never ending pension, because they are also addicted to free money.
    It's irrelevant who we are talking about here, if you allow yourself to made into a victim, you just gave away your sovereignty, power and freedom to an outside entity.
    The only way out of this is for Indian cultures and any other people to stand up and say NO to handouts from corrupt politicians and regain their self respect by working together as equals to make the world a better place to live for everyone.

Good article and good post ds204. What I’ve seen here is that any of the good ones and the ones that could be good role models are ostracized. It is a truly sad state of affairs around the reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    How many posts and hours of one's life must be contributed to a forum before they are no longer a "newb"? ^^
    More than 7 i would say, carry on
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit