Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staggering truths and historical facts

Staggering truths and historical facts

This Calgary Sun article tells some staggering truths and historical facts

If you were wondering why aboriginals always want an inquiry into anything

and everything they can dream up. Just think of free hotel stays, free food

and incidentals, not to mention the bar fridge that gets stocked up every day

in their rooms.

This Calgary Sun article tells some staggering truths and historical facts.

I hope you are open-minded enough to make an objective read.

I will add one interesting fact - since 1946 the Canadian Government has spent

$3,300,000,000.00 That is 3.3 TRILLION on Indian Affairs with NO RETURN

on the investment.

Should be reading material for ALL Canadians. This article is absolutely correct.

Some very interesting statistics for each individual to consider but anyone with

a background knows this to be true already! The fact is that the bleeding hearts

and vote mongering Politicians don't want the general public to know this,,,

so let's spread it around!!

Judging from an article in The Calgary Sunentitled "Enough is Enough", a National

Enquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women is NOT what needs to be done

and Harper was right in not pursuing this time wasting expensive suggestion

supported by both the NDP and Liberals. Chief Ronald Morin of the Enoch band

west of Edmonton is paid $750,000.00 per year by the federal government (YOU).

He spends winters at his winter home in Las Vegas, 4 car garage & swimming pool.

Not all the people in his band live like kings. Every Chief of an Indian Band in Canada

makes more than our Prime Minister. Harper brought in the "Accountability Act" so

that these Chiefs would have to tell their band members and the rest of us where

the money was being spent. It is the taxpayers' money and we have the right to

know where all this money is going. One of Trudeau's first acts as Prime Minister

was to throw out the "Accountability Act" If you were paying attention at all and

did your research you would understand this tragedy, the real issues and what

needs to be done to address them.

Some statistics:

• According to the RCMP: Out of 6,420 missing persons in Canada 1,455
    • are women, of those 164 are aboriginal.
    • 88% of murders of aboriginal women have been solved by police
    • 89% of murders of non-aboriginal women have been solved by police
    • Between 1980 and 2012 there were 20,313 murders in Canada.
    • 6,551 of those victims were women and 1,017 of those were aboriginal women.

Here's where it gets even more interesting:

• Almost 30% of the 1,017 aboriginal women were murdered by their husbands.
    • 23% were murdered by another family member.
    • 30% were murdered by an acquaintance.
    • So, only about 8% of aboriginal women were murdered by strangers.

More statistics:

• 44% of the family members and acquaintances who kill aboriginal women were drunk
    • 74% of the murderers of aboriginal women are unemployed.

AND NOW THE MOST SHOCKING:

• 71% of the murderers of aboriginal women already had a criminal record.
    • 53% had been convicted before of a violent crime;
    • 62% had a history of violence with the specific murder victim herself..

To be clear, there are some Chiefs and aboriginal communities in this country

that are doing well, for various reasons, but much of it has to do with their leadership.

Chief Clarence Louie of the Osoyoos Indian Band is an excellent example of quality

leadership, but no one (especially the media & government) ever talk about him and

his people.

Here are the REAL issues:

1. Welfare. The billions of tax payer dollars that go to support aboriginal people,

not only in living expenses but free education, free medical, no taxation, etc. has

crippled them (as it has crippled many non-aboriginal Canadians for generations)..

I would venture to say many of them have not worked a day in their lives.

2. Corrupt leadership who have no idea how to lead, manage, inspire or teach

their people .... who take for themselves and their families and friends and are not

accountable to anyone (as evidenced most strongly by Chief Theresa Spence in

Attawapiskat.) and blame, blame, blame the Canadian Government.

3. Alcohol and drug abuse, gang violence .... all contributing factors in the crime

rate on reserves, lack of parenting, family violence and poverty.

4. A two-tiered justice system that gives aboriginal offenders lighter sentences,

or no sentences at all, allowing them back into their communities to continue to

abuse the same aboriginal women again and again .... often resulting in death

(as evidenced by the 83% who were murdered by their husbands, a family member

or an acquaintance). If you want a National enquiry .... it should be on this issue..

When you say "It is inconceivable that we, as a country, allowed this situation to

continue" .... and "We urgently need to acknowledge the systemic aspect of this

crisis instead of ignoring or dismissing it." What are your intended solutions?

A National enquiry is not going to fix these problems!

Giving the aboriginals more of hard earned Canadian taxpayer dollars is NOT

going to fix this problem! WHAT ARE YOUR REAL SOLUTIONS TO THE REAL ISSUES?

Let's get this straight.

This land does not belong to them and they never were a 'Nation'.

These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America, magically

out of thin air one day 40 or 50,000 years ago. They came in waves across the

land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more, these waves, in many cases, were

not related groups of people. They came from various places around North

Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains. In other words, the

"natives of North America " are not a homogenous group of people and more

importantly..they are immigrants too. Like millions of immigrants today.

The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent

tenants couldn't be further from the truth. The various tribes right across Canada

warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Hurons ...

oh, that's right you can't. The Iroquois' wiped them out.

How about slavery that was rife among all the first nation tribes until the Europeans

came and freed the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition".

Is slavery peaceful and humane?

The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous. A more

technologically advanced and numerous culture invaded and conquered.

This is exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all

around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong. That is

akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Angles. Or maybe

we should launch a campaign to have the Roman descendants give Italy

back to the Etruscans. It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically

correct bleeding hearts, some intellectually deficient politicians and pressure

on the Government from lobbying groups. Also by the Indian people. It will

continue to cost this country needless and wasted trillions until we get some

backbone and turn off the taps.

Are these people in trouble? Yes.

Do they need help? Yes.

Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend the

billions that tax payers give them? CERTAINLY NOT

The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. Getting

jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more

special than any of the other numerous cultures that now call Canada home.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Staggering truths and historical facts

Totally agree with you! Nobody will listen anymore, it's gone too far!

The views you express are what would be called imperialistic and are soundly regarded by the modern world as archaic and invalid. I realize there is a lot of frustration on this board surrounding current wildlife management and access, and differing legal treatment of First Nations across a broad spectrum, but this idea that non-First Nations are somehow better equipped to solve First Nations' problems for them, whether they like it or not, is not acceptable - in fact, that sounds a lot to me like what the Canadian government has already tried in the past, to less than stellar results. I disagree with all the views expressed in this post, so there would be a lot to comment on, but in a nutshell:

Maybe the Canadian government is spending a lot of money to try and resolve the issues described because a sustainable, modern solution is somewhat more complex than your Saxon example, wherein the Saxons “conveniently” murdered, pillaged, and oppressed the British Isles into complete assimilation over a thousand years ago, leading to a slightly less nuanced situation today than that of First Nations in Canada. Ditto for your Etruscans example.

Maybe an approach to consider is to not to view aboriginal Canadians like irresponsible children who need to have "the taps turned off" (as the attitude of your concluding points suggest) but recognize them as equal but distinct groups with equal and valid cultural and legal claims to this country and its history, and empower and legitimize these groups to negotiate for themselves how they want to move forward in society. And guess what? Maybe that is going to mean some compromise from non-aboriginal Canadians - not sure why there is this prevailing assumption that it is only First Nations who should compromise to move forward.

And what does this have to do with hunting specific topics? As far as I know this is a hunting forum to exchange useful info and tips about species, areas etc. If you want to go on a political rant, I suggest a different forum, just saying. Not judging anything, everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    And what does this have to do with hunting specific topics? As far as I know this is a hunting forum to exchange useful info and tips about species, areas etc. If you want to go on a political rant, I suggest a different forum, just saying. Not judging anything, everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.
    In a round about way, this is about hunting because our current governments cares more about minorities, including natives, than it does about the mainstream Canadian. That affects things like firearms legislation and hunting opportunities....Everything is connected. Yes, this is a hunting forum, but, things that seem to be out of our narrow focus, do affect us. I think as hunters and as Canadian Citizens, all of these things including immigration and the medias views DO IMPACT OUR SPORT. EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED....
    I don't usually talk to Trudeau supporters, but when I do, I usually order fries.

"Society is degenerating at a rapid pace. Humans are being socially engineered at a global level. Everything is about identity politics and feelings. Critical thinking is rare." caddisguy

Hmmmm IF we dont solve this theft..you and I wont be hunting in 5 years..or getting our tags from indians..give your head a shake..hunters also use CPP, OAP to help our lifestyles.
    Very very very good article.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmm IF we dont solve this theft..you and I wont be hunting in 5 years..or getting our tags from indians..give your head a shake..hunters also use CPP, OAP to help our lifestyles.
    Very very very good article.
    Srupp

We won't be hunting ? That's the least of our worries if Canada no longer has enough money to run it's essential services because it's all being given away in handouts to one group. I wouldn't be surprised if the carbon tax is specifically to generate revenue to continue paying shame taxes.

IBTL who are the couple of newbs posting, did Jazzy call some friends or did they get govt funding from Turdo to protest...
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

id like a linky poo for that one to send it around

Quote Originally Posted by codeitin View Post
    The views you express are what would be called imperialistic and are soundly regarded by the modern world as archaic and invalid. I realize there is a lot of frustration on this board surrounding current wildlife management and access, and differing legal treatment of First Nations across a broad spectrum, but this idea that non-First Nations are somehow better equipped to solve First Nations' problems for them, whether they like it or not, is not acceptable - in fact, that sounds a lot to me like what the Canadian government has already tried in the past, to less than stellar results. I disagree with all the views expressed in this post, so there would be a lot to comment on, but in a nutshell:

Maybe the Canadian government is spending a lot of money to try and resolve the issues described because a sustainable, modern solution is somewhat more complex than your Saxon example, wherein the Saxons “conveniently” murdered, pillaged, and oppressed the British Isles into complete assimilation over a thousand years ago, leading to a slightly less nuanced situation today than that of First Nations in Canada. Ditto for your Etruscans example.

Maybe an approach to consider is to not to view aboriginal Canadians like irresponsible children who need to have "the taps turned off" (as the attitude of your concluding points suggest) but recognize them as equal but distinct groups with equal and valid cultural and legal claims to this country and its history, and empower and legitimize these groups to negotiate for themselves how they want to move forward in society. And guess what? Maybe that is going to mean some compromise from non-aboriginal Canadians - not sure why there is this prevailing assumption that it is only First Nations who should compromise to move forward.

Where have you been over the last 50 years! It's a total disgrace what's going on here! Not good for any Canadians! I have LOTS of successful native friends, the majority of them that are successful, there Dad's moved them OFF the reserves and showed them the real way Canadians thrive! So pathetic for them the way they view themselves because of the untrue bullshit some chiefs and politicians feed them so THEY can live out their careers on easy street!