Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wake the f@#k up

Re: Wake the f@#k up

Some more of what I consider far left activism taught in our public schools. From the same public elementary Port Coquitlam school teacher that posts this on the classroom doorway.

From a climate justice lesson plan.
    What appears to me to be a lesson referencing 3 anti pipeline sources, then asking the students if they would vote in favor of it or not.....hmmmm

A little black lives matter... "you can't be neutral on a moving train"

and of course a little third wave feminist conspiracy theory of "imperialist white supremicist capitalist patriarchy"

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    yeah wake up this two tier system is called the Federal and Provincial Government. why cant i fish cod when i want just because of an ethnic minority on the east coast, i want to fish whenever i want, those are OUR resources. how come i cant cut down a tree and sell it, those are OUR resources, ethnics making billions of dollars and selling it over seas. Logging and Mining closed EXCEPT those in a particular ethnic group. this will probably be last post here too
    Show me another ethnic group on the planet that was conquered several hundred years ago, and still gets compensation because of that....

Show me when the indigenous people of BC were conquered?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Show me another ethnic group on the planet that was conquered several hundred years ago, and still gets compensation because of that....

Indians in Canucksville were never defeated by a war, never surrendered their belongings or homes to anyone.
    -- Indians around Quebec and the east of Canada married the French and made Metis' ( Mixed blood ) that's where the power is in the Mid and eastern provinces.
    Jel -- Mixed togedder -- made out -- ah -- had kids -- hence Metis' the strongest mix in North America -- Trilingual -- French, Ingrish and Indian -- Three-in-One - -
    --- Metis' will turn you around, will look you in zee eyes -- and want no ali byez -- fur trade, water ways, hunting, fishing, community, survival of zee fittest - -
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-30-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    No colonization was exactly the same. But if you look throughout the British empire you'll see many examples of the British taking control of populations through negotiating special privledges and power structures with groups of people already holding power within the colony. Whether they be private individuals, kingdoms, feudal lords, families of the chiefdom etc.

where it differs with their experience in North America, is the tribes they were negotiating with, had quite different ideas about power structures than places that had already adopted agriculture, monetary economies, and more sophisticated structures of civilization in general. The indigenous people they encountered in Canada, where mostly still hunter/gatherer, and saw power and leadership as mostly distributed and egalitarian. Social status was attained more through simply aging and accumulated achievements, rather than accumulated wealth. Therefore, native negotiations were more likely to focus on accumulating benefits that were relatively distributed and egalitarian. Leaders were less likely to sell out their communities for individual benefits than most other cultures the British had contact with.

The Indian act was meant to solve that problem. It bestowed special privledges, within the Indian bands, for people willing to do the government's bidding. Additionally, the Canadian government worked out complex schemes to strip natives of their negotiated benefits through "enfranchisement". Meaning if they desired the increasingly sophisticated modern benefits of European settler society, they could renounce their Indian status and supposedly join the larger society. Obviously that didn't work very well - for lots of reasons.

So here we are today. Lots of FN groups holding on to their historic Indian status, for fear of losing that to gain nothing else, from their perspective. Other's seek to abolish the Indian act, but meanwhile seeking the attainment of tyitled land not yet ceded in a legitimate deal.