Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake the f@#k up

Re: Wake the f@#k up

Hey 270 if you think Indians are doing nothing, you haven't been around much in actual vision or you would understand each one is like everyone else. we're all human beings that hunt, the hunting part is what we understand and are wise on because of HBC and it's many diverse members.
    -- So many members on HBC now, no one would know who was actually typing.
    - some people dig that.
    Typing is better than talking, a person can explain things more clear and focus on the subject.
    Jel -- if I had a cell phone I would text if I needed to explain something important.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    IMO With the Confederation of Canada and the addition of provinces over the following years the FN were a conquered people aswell as the French and any other peoples opposing the confederation and Canada.

What other conquered people get so get so much stuff their way?

Assimilate
    My guess is none, ever.

Scottish and Irish moved into Canada like run a ways out of Europe escaping the wars coming to a peaceful land with friendly Indians and found out they were lost, hence New Found Land -- Hahahahahaha lol -- oh well no price tag No Real Estate Sign so nobody owns now until we got here whoa. blimey mate.
    Jel -- The Scottish wore dresses kinda like and thee Irish had blue eyes and white shiny hair whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-27-2018 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Blimey Might, I feel the Luckah de Ireesh mate!

you fellows who think everybody should be treated the same are on the right track. Problem is one group has not been treated fairly for about four hundred years.

The French are strong people, they pretty well took over their spot in Canucksville, Qwwwwwwwwww Beck Mon Am meee.
    Plus the only Official language of Canada is French, you'd have know that by now? lol
    Jelly Brew Fronz -- EH!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-27-2018 at 06:07 PM. Reason: I'll BUST a MOVE for my country

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I wish I was like you, and seen rainbows and lollipops through every window

No one is saying that natives can't/shouldn't keep their culture, or have rights!!! What they are saying is that they should be given special treatment! After all, they are Canadian just like the rest of us. They shouldn't be given a slap on the wrist for doing something that the rest of us would be in jail for or paying hefty fines. I personally feel that handing money to people for doing nothing creates entitlement.
    I get it, there are a lot of problems with the current system I think most everyone would agree, but cutting off support and saying ‘here are the terms to your equality, deal with it’ is not a responsible or effective solution, and as Canadians we should be able to work together to negotiate, not impose, a resolution with First Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Man i am really enjoying all your hunting stories and pictures can you please post some more up
    Looking forward to posting some! Believe me when I say as a newb I would be thrilled if the only content to contribute here was hunting stories, pictures, and conservation information.

Lots more on HBC than hunting stories with members from every inch of BC, covering every MU.
    -- Hunting season lasts all year now lol, LEH and GOS with preds and whad ever Eh! Butt members have a full life like all others do.
    - some retired
    HBC talks pretty well on anything humanly possible Hahahahaha and the Mods do the watching .
    -- Good to have yah a board code, hope you can use delightful words all the time lol it never happens hey!
    Jel - in Kammy Land --

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    Our nation and other western nations need to realize, none of this is going to stop, its going to get much much worse in the future taking the route we are on. A change in political party, or leader will not change this. We have to get to the root of what's driving these policies and that is far left philosophy, way of thinking, the identity politics that's being taught in our schools and higher education. The BC government has overhauled the entire education system recently, the biggest change to the education system in its history, and its all filled with far left activism and identity politics ideology, white privilege, gender fluid theory, all of it. These ideas are instilling a world view in our youth, describing the world as nothing but systems oppressor and oppressed groups and its their job to overcome it with far left activism and policy. These world views strip people of their individuality and label them under their group identity membership, and push for actions based on those groups.

The west was founded on the importance of the individual, and this is why we are a successful culture.

These ideologies destroy this cultural foundation and push people into group identities and tribes. Humanity has a very strong natural push towards tribalism, which can and has lead us to some very dark places and its something we have to work at to avoid. These ideologies are laying the groundwork and pushing society at large to indulge in this tribalism.

We need to take a serious look at whats being pushed in education and media these days because it has some serious potential to uproot this good thing we got going on over here.
    It's not going away with just a change in political party.
    are you actually speaking from recent experience with the education system? Or are you being informed by columnists with a touch of paranoid psychosis?

What about private schools; have they too been high-jacked by the left?

could it be there are some on the right that have gone a little too far into the stands trying to catch the fly-ball? Cause if that's the case, those even on the right may look a little too far left from the frame of someone who's left the ball-park. Where's the center these days?

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    you fellows who think everybody should be treated the same are on the right track. Problem is one group has not been treated fairly for about four hundred years.
    At what point does someone/group cease to consider themselves a victim and participate in the conglomerate culture of this country.
    Assimilation may be the only way to move into the future. Canada is becoming more and more fractured by politicians and governments.