Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake the f@#k up

Re: Wake the f@#k up

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I have definitely found the school school system to be left-leaning.
    It most definitely is. Just wait until they hit high school when they start teaching them social justice.

I was never opposed to giving the FN having a claim to their own culture. Have at’er but should the government fork out 10 plus million $$ so they can learn their native tongue , why is this our ( non- native ) people of Canada’s responsibility to pay ? And your f#@king rights the rules in the sandbox should be the same for every fkn ethnic group.

It’s called conquering , how long do the rest of Canadians have To finance one ethnic group ? FN takes no responsibility for themselves. Always governments fault and guess what , it is . Should have turned off the taps along time ago

Sthdslayer - care to pm me where u found that article? Its great

its said to see how disollusioned some people really are these days

my grandfather must be rolling in his grave

I’AM going to be like Clint Eastwood in “Gran Torino” way sooner then i ever thought possible

this country is the laughing stock of the world....

Why am i proud to be canadian again?
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    are you actually speaking from recent experience with the education system? Or are you being informed by columnists with a touch of paranoid psychosis?

What about private schools; have they too been high-jacked by the left?

could it be there are some on the right that have gone a little too far into the stands trying to catch the fly-ball? Cause if that's the case, those even on the right may look a little too far left from the frame of someone who's left the ball-park. Where's the center these days?
    Quick example of what I would consider far left activism in BC classrooms.
    For children kindergarten to grade 3:

Lesson Plan: Gender Identity and PronounsGrade: Adaptable for K-3 Subject: ELA / Social Studies / PHE
    Suggested prior lesson: Expanding Notions of Gender in Early Primary

Rationale
    Storybooks are an excellent way to learn about ourselves as well as the world around us. By incorporating books with gender-diverse characters in the classroom, students will appreciate the gender spectrum, fluidity, and the use of gender pronouns. Students who do not identify within a rigid gender binary or with the gender they were assigned at birth may feel validated by seeing their lived experience respectfully represented in the classroom.
    Everyone has a unique story to share. Stories help us learn about ourselves, our families, and other people. Curiosity and wonder leads us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us. By reading 10,000 Dresses, we build personal and social competency, respect for difference and acknowledgement of gender diversity and gender identity.

Student Objectives
    Students will be able to comprehend and connect with the story through reading, listening, and viewing. Students will begin to develop an understanding of gender identity. Students will engage as listeners, viewers and readers to develop an understanding of the use of gender pronouns, “she”, “he”, and “they.” Students will begin to appreciate that when we use a person’s correct gender pronouns, we respect that person and validate their gender identity. Using the role-play activity, students will be able to draw connections based on prior knowledge, comprehend various elements within the story, and draw connections between the story and the world around them.

Teacher Notes
    Discussions and role-play activity should take place during one lesson
    See part 2 for worksheet activities to take place on a separate day

Read-Aloud: 20 minutes
    1. Prior to reading the story, ask students to make some predictions based on the cover and title of the story and to keep things in the back of their minds for discussion and worksheets afterwards
    Ask students, “Based on the cover, what do we think we know about Bailey?” If the students make guesses about gender, ask what clues they are using.

2. Read the story as a class
    a) During the read-aloud possible questions to ask students:
    (At various points in the story) How do you think Bailey is feeling right now?
    If you were Bailey’s friend, what would you say to her?
    What do you think Bailey should do?

Discussion: 15-20 minutes
    1) Have these sentences pre-written on the board or chart paper. “Bailey loved the dress with all her heart.” “She went to find her mother.” Show students the page, then show and read the sentences and ask what clues tell us that Bailey is a girl. Discuss how pronouns help us to talk without saying a person’s name over and over. Think of some other examples with students.

2) Turn to page 9. Explain to students that this is a really interesting page because Bailey’s mom says that Bailey is a boy. A little while later, Bailey’s father and brother also call her a boy. Ask students:
    Why do you think they do that?
    What do you think it means when Bailey says she “doesn’t feel like a boy”?

Role Play Extension
    Explain role-play pronoun activity with students as a group. Each student will get a piece of paper with a person’s name and pronoun. As students walk around the classroom, everyone will take turns introducing themselves and asking each other what their name and pronouns are (based on their cards). To demonstrate, the teacher will choose a student volunteer and each take a name/pronoun card.

Teacher: Hi, what is your name?
    Student (reading from card): My name is Alex (for example).
    Teacher: Nice to meet you, Alex. Do you want me to call you he, she, or they?
    Student: Please call me they.

Take this opportunity to see if students have any questions.

Student Activity: 5 minutes
    Hand out name/pronoun cards (try not to use familiar student names) to students and ask everybody to walk around the classroom and introduce themselves/ask each other what their names are and what pronouns they should use (based on the cards). Remind them that in this game we’re pretending to be other people and not ourselves. If students start to get silly or act out gender stereotypes (based on their card) take this as an opportunity to discuss this – for example, explaining how acting out a specific group of people or particular person in an exaggerated way isn’t real and can be hurtful.

Student Activity: 30 minutes
    After reading the story, ask students to work on worksheet(s). Worksheets may be spread out over many lessons or used as teacher sees fit:

Ask students to design (using crayons or pencil crayons) a dress for Bailey, using elements from the story and other outside knowledge. Discourage students from drastically altering Bailey’s appearance (i.e. do not “make her into a boy” or overtly change her hair or physical appearance). Should this occur, begin a group discussion on respecting Bailey by designing a dress that she would like. Discussion may also lead to gender fluidity – boys and girls do not look, behave, or feel just one certain way. “Bailey is/can/feels”, “I see, I think, I wonder…” and “Predicting character feelings” asks students to draw upon their predictions prior to reading the story, thoughts and curiosities while reading the story, and any conclusions, lingering thoughts, or future predictions after the story.

And teaching "gender fluid" concepts to very young children.

Introducing the Gender Rainbow (Gender Diversity) with the Book, “A Princess of Great Daring!”

Grade Level: pre-K K 1 2 3 4

Before reading:
    1. Ask students what the word gender means (brainstorm and record on chart paper).

2. Sample teacher response: “Your gender identity is your inside sense or feeling of being a girl, a boy, both a girl and a boy or neither a boy or a girl. This is different from liking to play with “boy” things or “girl” things or liking “girls” or “boys” clothes. This is about who you know yourself to be. We know that toys, games and clothes are for all kids anyways, there’s no such thing as just boys’ or girls’ things.

3. Use a rainbow to bridge the understanding that there are many gender identities that make up the gender rainbow. The rainbow colours can be used to introduce students to the spectrum of gender identities that exist in all cultures. Show students a picture of a rainbow and note different gender identities as you point to colours (girl, boy, both, neither and some people are gender fluid and their gender changes on different days and weeks). You may also want to introduce Two-Spirit (see glossary) or provide a stand-alone lesson (contact an Aboriginal educator or Elder from your district or community). Record these gender identities on the chart paper.
    Last edited by Sirloin; 04-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada.
    I was 2 or 3 posts into this thread before I wanted to say exactly that.

The problem is that in the past, our forefathers took no prisoners, and in today’s political climate, it is deemed necessary to make amends for past acts. The pendulum has swung to the far opposite side now and it will be a while before it comes back to center.

Here are some examples relating to the original post. I believe our schools are priming the youth with guilt and resentment for a national Canadian identity. When the time comes they will be willing to vote away our public lands with a smile on their face. Here is why.

This one is from an elementary school in Port Coquitlam.

This one was from a different location, not sure which school.

"I Am Here": Colonial Matters (YouthMADE)
    Introduces colonization and ideas related to the social construction of history for high school students.

First Nations Treaty Boardgame
    Players progress through the six stages of the British Columbia Treaty Process and achieve a final agreement with the federal and provincial governments by being the first player to enter the final circle.

Summary:Players progress through the six stages of the British Columbia Treaty Process and achieve a final agreement with the federal and provincial governments by being the first player to enter the final circle. They learn the terms used in negotiations as they move from one traditional village to another. Maps locate the villages within the traditional territory
    How long do you think our public lands will be available for us to hunt on when these coming generations make their mark?
    Last edited by Sirloin; 04-28-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I was 2 or 3 posts into this thread before I wanted to say exactly that.

The problem is that in the past, our forefathers took no prisoners, and in today’s political climate, it is deemed necessary to make amends for past acts. The pendulum has swung to the far opposite side now and it will be a while before it comes back to center.
    A guy can only hope that the pendulum swings back. I do know that I’m ashamed of what is happening in our country and I’m happy that my forefathers have passed on and don’t have to see what is becoming or has become of the country that they settled.

Quote Originally Posted by codeitin View Post
    Looking forward to posting some! Believe me when I say as a newb I would be thrilled if the only content to contribute here was hunting stories, pictures, and conservation information.
    Then post em op or shut up
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada. The Indians better enjoy their lifestyles now because with the influx of new Canadians things are gonna change. I don’t think the Indians will like it much either.
    Amen to that brudder !
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit