Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gas Theft

Re: Gas Theft

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    And that my friend is how the Yarrow Esso, burned down!
    Either very dull, or in reverse on a metal tank.

The very instant the gas comes in contact with warm air it is producing vapours, even when atomized in a combustion chamber

Okay so the liquid in a tank doesn't ignite but any ignition source in the leaking fuel has a good chance
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Fill a pail full of gasoline. Light a match, throw it in the pail and see what happens. I'll save you the time and effort, nothing happens. Unless gasoline is agitated and mixed with oxygen in a range between its LEL and UEL it is not flamable. in it's liquid state it is too rich to burn. We drill into flammable hydrocarbon lines all of the time doing hot taps to add additional piping. It's common practice. That being said, would I do it at home, no I wouldn't, because the spark potential of the drill motor igniting vapors once the gasoline is pouring out of the tank is what I would be worried about, but a cold drill straight into the bottom of a tank full of gasoline is going to do nothing.
    Last edited by Travalanche; 04-28-2018 at 06:01 AM.

My son had a problem with thieves stealing Jerry cans of gas from his truck,he finally put some bait gas out( sugar in the gas)...fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    My son had a problem with thieves stealing Jerry cans of gas from his truck,he finally put some bait gas out( sugar in the gas)...fixed it

Friend of of mine did that as well. His neighbours car was on a tow truck shortly after. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    Friend of of mine did that as well. His neighbours car was on a tow truck shortly after. . .
    Great story and ending Lol!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

We need a few charles bronsons roamin are streets at night..pickin off the scum 1x1....
    Midnight toker

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Of course you could drill a hole in a jerry can filled right full of water, put a plug in the hole with a thin wire attached,
    refill the can with gas, attach the other end of the short wire to a secured sparking device so when the thief grabs the
    can and makes off with it he'll have a reason to run very fast, not unlike Wily E Coyote, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    That reminds me of a buddy that had a neighbour that would let their dog have a crap on his lawn when they were walking it, so he put some bacon drippings on the crap, why Fluffy gave that big licks the next morning, and that was the end of the crap problem. So it looks like it's a good time to throw so some sugar in some old gas and let them at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Either very dull, or in reverse on a metal tank.
    Old car, metal tank, gasoline hit the spark from the drill motor.

It was a youth club, learning to work on vehicles. Sad the kids lost a great program.