Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked and blocked 4-33

Re: Locked and blocked 4-33

Well, that must be one hell of a gate.

Doubt they will put an effort out to notify hunters. 4-33 is massive, plenty of access out of revy...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Isn't the Duncan now cut off due to pulling a bridge at the head of the lake??
    they pulled the bridge at Westfall , and the main road was totally de activated not sure exactly where .... around the 85-100 k ?

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    The mainline on the south side of river along the bluff has been fubared for several years. Word has it someone has invested in the the north side of river and has something to do with the gating. There's rumours they want to log the back end of the valley, would be a good thing for access...
    Last time I was there was maybe 4 years ago ( after the rocks were cleared) no gates yet at that time ..... was going to take a trip over there this summer when the snow has melted (august)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    they pulled the bridge at Westfall , and the main road was totally de activated not sure exactly where .... around the 85-100 k ?
    That should save a lot of goats and griz. Got my first goat on the Westfall when they hadn't finished the 2nd bridge yet. Had to wade the river.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    That should save a lot of goats and griz. Got my first goat on the Westfall when they hadn't finished the 2nd bridge yet. Had to wade the river.
    rumours that they may be un deactivating the road that goes up the Duncan due to fire access concerns ...... wow taxpayers dollars in action .

rumours that they may be un deactivating the road that goes up the Duncan due to fire access concerns ...... wow taxpayers dollars in action .
    not fire concerns as much as maintenance and liability. It is in the plan...along with thousands of kilometers of other roads in the province. They actually will be upgrading bridges just to get equipment into areas to deactivate the roads
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    not fire concerns as much as maintenance and liability. It is in the plan...along with thousands of kilometers of other roads in the province. They actually will be upgrading bridges just to get equipment into areas to deactivate the roads
    I know the roads were deactivated due to liability concerns (BS) but now they are going to spend more money to re-activate the Duncan at least that's the rumour and I hope it's true .

I know the roads were deactivated due to liability concerns (BS) but now they are going to spend more money to re-activate the Duncan at least that's the rumour and I hope it's true .
    The only things we know for sure is that they will spend our money wantonly and they will redo (or undo) it all in the near future.

Thanks for bringing the issue to light, now that info is out there!

The animals are in there, how you get them is up to you.

Not a lot of sympathy for those applying for LEH and not knowing what's up in whatever MU they apply in. Not everything can be done from a computer chair. Regs should not be made for the lowest common denominator. The whole off season can be dedicated to doing you homework.