Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked and blocked 4-33

Locked and blocked 4-33

The Incomappleux ( Fish ) River has been completely locked and blocked... southern access to 4-33 denied. Whose taxes built that road?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Locked and blocked 4-33

Motorized access or all access?

Also,

The B.C. Government administers about 60,000 kilometers of Forest Service Roads (FSRs). FSRs are maintained by the forest industry under road use permits, or where there is no industrial user responsible for maintenance, by the B.C. Government. Where there is no industrial maintainer, the B.C. Government carries out maintenance, subject to available funding, where communities, rural residents and high value recreation sites have priority

Where is it closed ? Last I heard it was just Cambourne that was closed

The mainline on the south side of river along the bluff has been fubared for several years. Word has it someone has invested in the the north side of river and has something to do with the gating. There's rumours they want to log the back end of the valley, would be a good thing for access...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Are you sure it's locked though? Last year and the year before the miners had just dummy locked the gate to try and keep guys out of Cambourne.

Isn't the Duncan now cut off due to pulling a bridge at the head of the lake??
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The plan for forestry is to deactivate all roads not being used for industrial purposes, unless there are residential properties on them. This I got from Victoria a year or two ago. The Duncan valley is one such area.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Locked as locked can get put a damper on our moose leh this fall . Talked to the investor mining /real estate company about it for about an hour . It’s strictly a liability thing. He said to me that he had hoped if people decided to remove the lock they would limit the damage to the lock and or the hinges. Pretty frustrating. There is no getting around the get except on foot or pedal bike . Though we tried that and it was a tough 20 km bike ride with rifles and packs.number on sign to call

To answer Brez, Stone Sheep steve, Kodiak Hunter... yup ! Danny Boy, Gate before the canyon. Kootenai Hunter Motorized closure.

To answer Brez, Stone Sheep steve, Kodiak Hunter... yup ! Danny Boy, Gate before the canyon. Kootenai Hunter Motorized closure. It will be interesting to see if the closure is mentioned in the new regs or if they're just going to let all those lucky LEH winners for Goat and Moose find out when they arrive at the surprise locked gate as in the past season.... hey, don't want to discourage anyone from buying LEH applications and tags, eh? A guy can usually get suspicious when the odds of being drawn seem too good to be true.