Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rainwear

Re: Rainwear

Both Helly Hansen and Arcteryx support Raincoast and Pacificwild and I'm sure more. Both groups are heavily invested and interested in shutting down hunting. I'm not trying to say what to buy or not buy......

But there is a good handful of companies that make great gear that support hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Both Helly Hansen and Arcteryx support Raincoast and Pacificwild and I'm sure more. Both groups are heavily invested and interested in shutting down hunting. I'm not trying to say what to buy or not buy......

But there is a good handful of companies that make great gear that support hunting.
    Thanks for this Frosty, I do struggle that this is accurate however.
    Share Specific details that may sway any support.
    Helly is a main stay in the forestry and fishing industries....my guiding buddies live in this shit.

Please share.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Thanks for this Frosty, I do struggle that this is accurate however.
    Share Specific details that may sway any support.
    Helly is a main stay in the forestry and fishing industries....my guiding buddies live in this shit.

Please share.
    https://pacificwild.org/about/partne...and-supporters

https://www.raincoast.org/sponsors/

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Also I just picked up a fallraven gortex jacket a couple months ago. much quieter/comfortable than the arcterx and kuiu. haven't fully tested it yet but i doubt it will disappoint.

I second this comment, I had spent half a year searching for rain gear and it came down to first lite, kuiu or fjallraven. Fjallraven has actually been making hunting clothes in Sweden for over 50 years and their stuff is silent and extremely durable. That being said if weight matters, Kuiu's options pack down way smaller but won't last as long due it its thiner fabric. My hunting partner wears kuiu while I'm head to toe in Fjallraven and the weight difference is a lot but you can feel the durability in the swedish brand.

Another tip is brands like Kuiu and First lite often have sales, there should be one coming up for memorial day. If you can hang in there, on major holidays things were 40% off on all those brands, and they don't charge international taxes (unlike Sitka, never buy them online, unless that's changed for them?).
    Last edited by jennylyyy; 05-02-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    I share the stories of individuals who hunt, gather & protect our wild lands @chasingfoodclub @backcountryhuntersbc