Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rainwear

Re: Rainwear

Impertech is great and cheap.
    If you have the space, carry two sets cuz coming into camp after a heated hike the inside will be wet from collected vapour, and it is nice to have a dry set with dry layers at the end of the day
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Popped into Eddie Bauer today on a whim. 40% off the entire store. They have a jacket called the Cloud Cap. 2.5 layer waterproof breathable material. Hip length, good waterproof zipper plus huge pit zips. Packs up to almost nothing. Seems to be pretty much what you were looking for OP. 77 bucks with the discount. I went on-line to look when I got home and they have a compatible pant as well, although I didn't see them when I was in there. They have a Cloud Cap Stretch jacket as well. Nicer material but packs down pretty much the same. 30 or 40 bucks more.

Sale ends today. If you haven't gotten some Hellys already you could always order on-line to take advantage of that, then take 'me back if it's not what you are after. Lightweight and very packable but not very quiet, if that is a concern.

I know there are a couple guys here who wear the Guide Pro Pants hunting. Good deal on them with the 40% off. Nice pant for 60 bucks

Impertec is good but be aware is DOES have seams that are not TAPED especially in the CROTCH area. This means when your sitting driving your QUAD you WILL GET WET BALLS!

Having said that I prefer kuiu

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Having said that I prefer kuiu
    Which Kuiu jacket do you have?
    ig: mmckimmi

Another vote for HH impertec

aka my Vancouver tuxedo.
    Spent hundreds of misserable days In this gear. Layered with some nice wool clothing your set!

i jumped on the kuiu bandwagon years ago. I always rock my kuiu jacket and HH bib pants. Not a fan of the kuiu pants... heck I’m not even a fan of the jacket but I’m stuck with It. Will be going to a Arc’teryx jacket once this one wears out one day. Kuiu Nailed it with marketing. That’s about it.

Any reviews of Taiga Works Dryshell Pro? and fit of their products?
    Have heard good things as to waterproof/breathable but am leery of an XL jacket that only fits a 47" chest
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I do believe I have the chugach jacket and pants

Also I just picked up a fallraven gortex jacket a couple months ago. much quieter/comfortable than the arcterx and kuiu. haven't fully tested it yet but i doubt it will disappoint.

I love my LL Bean stuff. Price is right. Nearly unlimited warranty. After you buy something they keep sending 20% off coupons. You can save a lot of $ if you shop the sale page and then take 20% off.