Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for golden lab pups

Re: Looking for golden lab pups

as someone who has spent over $4000 on a pound dog, I will be buying a registered bred purebred dog in the future! I could almost have had two partially trained GSPs for that price!

or go rescue one from the spca

I'll jump on and third this motion... You're asking for alot of trouble looking for a specific breed and not wanting to pay the bottom of the "fair market value". Ask yourself why would someone with healthy quality animals low-ball themselves after investing the time energy and money... First.shots, vetvisits leash collar etc quickly add up to hundreds probably puppy.

Funny guy BTW don’t buy a dog Thx for the helpful info

I paid $100 for a "Golden Retriever" a few years back. The folks owned both the sire and dame. I suspect the sire took a road trip one day and a collie type visited. Anyway, she turned out great; beautiful, loving, obedient, best bird nose I've ever seen but lasted for 6 years in the field till her hips kept her home and had to put her down when she was 9.
    Boght another $100 dog Golden/Lab cross and not got Casey's nose but he can still find a pheasant where lots others have already hunted with their pointers and black 9 labs. He's 9 now and I can see he's slowing just a tad.
    Here they both are passing the torch as it were...

If you are going to pay $100 you take your chances. Helps if you know the people. My son bought a pure bred field springer and it looks like he'll blow the doors off of my dog
    Last edited by Brez; 04-24-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

As you can see by Brez's first pic, pure bred isn't necessarily PUREBRED, If they don't have the pedigree and the papers it it isn't purebred under the law. Glad your "golden" worked out for you Brez. I breed Field Bred Springers and Goldens and my family bred Labs for years before that. My Springers will out preform any retriever I have ever hunted with(mine included) in the uplands and they do an admirable job as non slip retrievers as well. If you want inexpensive, they can be had IF you watch and are lucky. My little Springer male went over 2 7' fences and bred my wife's Golden in her run. The pups were all black and curly but they are hunting/retrieving machines. Both sire and dam were OFA and genetic tested, and from FTC bloodlines. I sold the pups for $250 under a spay/neuter contract. there are deals out there but do your homework and be patient.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by primmer View Post
    ??? Oh, well. At least we got some good dog stories.

Foxton, I would dearly have loved to get a gander at those Golden spaniels! I don't have the energy for a spaniel any more. I am starting to look for a successor to Tucker. No hurry, but I figure if I get one while he's still around he can pass on some stuff that he's learned.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

13 posts and 3 of them are the same. If you don't want peoples opinion why bother asking. I bought a $50 dollar lab/ collie cross, neurotic as hell but been super healthy and a great family dog, obivously you are not prepared to pay the price of a reputable breeder so fire up kijiji.
    KCCO