Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Time of Day for Spring Bear?

Re: Best Time of Day for Spring Bear?

Our group has shot black bears at 7am, 10 am, 2 pm, 4pm, and 8 pm. So I won't say there is a pattern to their eating program. I will say I bump into more from 4 pm on while trail riding. I have to find a new area due to the fact the wolves cleaned them out of my old stomping ground. Wolves killed the bears right in their dens.
    Get out and look and you will see them. Only look during certain hours and you will only see them during certain hours.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Out of the dozens of bears I've been fortunate enough to shoot over the years, 10:45-11:45 seems to be my magic hour. There definitely seems to be more bears out during the last 2-3 hours of the day, but all of my biggest bears and the majority have been in that 1 hour window...
    Hunter | Hunting/Wildlife Photographer
    www.nicktrehearne.com

We hunt all day. Have shot bears at various times. But there's nothing like an evening hunt after a rain.

biggest bear taken at 5:05 am, also shot at 10am, 1pm, 7pm. where i go for bears, they seem to be out pretty consistently throughout the day. although i have noticed they seem to be more wary during the midday hours versus the early morning or late afternoon, just my experience.

Overall the best time to hunt bears is when they are moving in the location you’re hunting lol

I have probably taken or been involved in a bear being taken at every possible daylight hr. I have also patterned big bears at all different hrs of the day. Late morning to dark has treated me best( or see enough to justify sleeping in lol) but everywhere has those times that are best

You really have to go out and learn the movements in your hunting area

My bear hunting buddies and myself have shot bears at all times of the day. But like Ron.c said above, hard to beat an evening hunt after a long day of rain.

Mid morning to late evening have been the most productive for me..