Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commercial FN Fishery Granted

Re: Commercial FN Fishery Granted

Guiding and lodge industry will take a huge hit. It's bad enough with the regs we have now...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

"For years the sporties thought themselves immune in this process, and actually giggled at times when we (the real commercial trollers) took hit after hit to accommodate more forced FN involvement. Well, they sure as hell ain't giggling now. And you can bet your sorry ass just where these "new" quotas are going to be wrestled from."

You got that right Nog.

Sporties were pretty goddamn smug after Chinook were declared "Recreational priority" fish for Anderson's lodge and guiding friends.

And back when quota systems were introduced in halibut effectively privatizing the resource the sport fishing community was silent because "it doesn't affect us."

Well how do they feel about that now?

Time to share the pain.

Hmmm.. kissing native ass again, pretty soon there will be nothing left for the non-native people except to work and pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hublocker View Post
    "For years the sporties thought themselves immune in this process, and actually giggled at times when we (the real commercial trollers) took hit after hit to accommodate more forced FN involvement. Well, they sure as hell ain't giggling now. And you can bet your sorry ass just where these "new" quotas are going to be wrestled from."

You got that right Nog.

Sporties were pretty goddamn smug after Chinook were declared "Recreational priority" fish for Anderson's lodge and guiding friends.

And back when quota systems were introduced in halibut effectively privatizing the resource the sport fishing community was silent because "it doesn't affect us."

Well how do they feel about that now?

Time to share the pain.
    Although true, I'll point out the fact that the $ per # of sport caught fish put into the economy is staggering, unlike the commercial sector. Just saying...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Thumbs down Re: Commercial FN Fishery Granted

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    ... You are right Nog, and I am truly sorry for what this means for you. Just last week I helped a friend get rid of the last of his river nets. He was a 4th generation commercial and finally had to admit that he would never use them again.
    Thank you Sir.
    I am an Area G (WCVI) Troller as many here know.
    Our quota has now been shaved down to about a week's catch. For the entire year.
    The balance was freely given to the FN's.
    There is no way any of us can survive on what is left. It is over.
    I find myself destitute at the age of 60. As does every single other member of our fleet.
    "Upset" is a gross understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Although true, I'll point out the fact that the $ per # of sport caught fish put into the economy is staggering, unlike the commercial sector. Just saying...
    Not even a remote consideration in this process.
    Economy and affected livelihoods be damned, they count for naught.

Just Sayin'...

Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 04-21-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hmmm.. kissing native ass again, pretty soon there will be nothing left for the non-native people except to work and pay taxes.

Thumbs down Re: Commercial FN Fishery Granted

[1142] Canada put the LTO into context within some of the factors relevant to the Sparrow/Gladstone justification analysis: there are 71 aboriginal groups in British Columbia with a treaty or a treaty claim, and 73 groups with a claim to fish. There are 20 aboriginal groups on the WCVI with communal licences, and 480 such groups in the Pacific Region; there are 76 aboriginal groups on the BC coastline; there are 141 groups with access to Fraser River sockeye. Aboriginal groups hold 41% of the commercial salmon fishery licences, so further mitigation would have to come from non-aboriginal participants. Despite the many interests affected by this fishery, so far the consultation process has been bilateral only.

Typical. Sell everyone else out without so much as a so long been good to know you line...

Pissed & Escalating...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

This is a BC Supreme Court ruling. I would hope and expect it will be appealed to the Supreme Court. What that means (I think, I am not a lawyer) is that, it may be the law right now in BC, but for sure other aboriginal groups in the rest of Canada are "champing at the bit" to have it interpreted for their own communities: commercial fisheries, guiding for hunting, etc. It is not law in the rest of Canada, but it does have sway, and may sway lower court's decisions in other Provinces. But Provincial courts have been overruled on this issue in the past, and it is not a definitive right until the Supreme Court rules on it. I just hope that the current gov't has the intelligence to appeal it, but I admit that might be hopeful thinking.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I could see this coming many years ago, and the train is just beginning to pick up speed.
    As each court ruling takes place, it fuels even more to be put forth, and as the earlier ones
    set precedence, each new one grabs a little more. One day in the not too distant future,
    the Indigenous communities will control all fish and wildlife as well as most recreational
    areas....hopefully at age 72, I might be able to get in a few more years before having to pay
    them....something I refuse to do!
    Maybe it's about time we set up our own road and floating protest blocks...it seems to work for
    the indigenous communities without any interference from the authorities even though most are
    totally illegal. Maybe once they've acquired some toys etc we can wantonly roam about in their
    communities while drunk and steal their possessions without being charged....seems to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Sure glad I'm close to retirement so I can move to where there are no asses that need kissing.