Thread: where the mule deer go

where the mule deer go

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wehre the mule deer go

Quote Originally Posted by butthead View Post
    Thanks for posting this up butthead ! What does everyone think of this study ?
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Thanks for posting this up butthead !
    At first I thought you were being an ass until I scrolled back up and seen it was his name...
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Thanks for sharing. I will be interested to see the results

Nice to see Castanet pick this up.
    The more the general public can be made aware of projects in support of wildlife the better.
    When the non hunting community understands the challenges facing wildlife the bigger the audience this will speak to....and ultimately more support, social awareness and demand to help fund more projects.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/new...21-.htm#224172

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

It's a great project. I've seen a couple presentations on it. It's exactly what we need more of because a) it gets us needed data b) it allows for citizen science and volunteer participation and support and c) it combines collaboration across jurisdictions to develop some big data on mule deer, which in turn allows all sorts of scientific analysis at many levels.

I felt like a big shot when I got my club, North Shore Fish and Game, to contribute $1400 to the project (roughly the cost of one collar) but I got dominated on that front! Nicola F&G (pretty sure it was them) dropped $7500 and challenged other clubs to match them. They've also got a contribution per member that they're throwing in.

It's worth contributing to publicly. It's an awesome opportunity to demonstrate that hunters aren't shy about funding conservation science.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Very cool project