Have to spend your money where you want, and dont spend it where you dont want to, whether thats supporting a boycott of a manufacturer, making some lifestyle choice, or having issues with where/how the product originates. Thats the only way to make a statement of any kind that has an impact on the monetary requirements of a seller. Unfortunately with some getting handouts that circumvents some of the pain of boycott, but not all. Other than that requires commitment at the expense of your own person, taking time to protest, organizing resistance, even using the courts, etc.. I've gotten pretty choosey on what I buy, where it originates, what kind of company and who is providing the service. You cant do it for absolutely everything but you certainly can for major and planned purchases. I'm fine with whatever names, innuendo, or insults come my way but I'm quite content supporting who I choose when I spend my hard earned money. Long story short, for instance I dont buy fish anymore unless I know who caught it and where it came from.