Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Inreach vs Delorme Inreach

Re: Garmin Inreach vs Delorme Inreach

So even the maps/gps is lousy on the new Garmin model?
    no ability to download better?

Best to wait for a few months if you can, Garmin is coming out with a new model that will have a card slot and will accept a BRMB card
    as of now you can only use the garmin maps,
    I am waiting now for it and will upgrade my delorme unit

Quote Originally Posted by Bag1 View Post
    Best to wait for a few months if you can, Garmin is coming out with a new model that will have a card slot and will accept a BRMB card
    as of now you can only use the garmin maps,
    I am waiting now for it and will upgrade my delorme unit
    The person I spoke to from Garmin says otherwise, at least for the foreseeable future. Be cool if you are right though.

I spoke with the Garmin Reps at the boat show and was told they are building one now and hoping to have it in production later this year,
    it will replace the explorer+ and still remain on the Iridium network, sounded like they had a few test models already in play

I'll wait until the new inReach has a similar performance to an entry level Garmin GPS, like the Etrex20, with Micro SD card to load the BC Backroad chip. Maybe add a 8mp camera and it would be great
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Where does it show the cost of suspending a plan? I'm not able to find this info on their site.

I got a good gps for xmas so I think I'll just carry the communicator as a separate device for emergencies.

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks! You'd think that would be on the garmin site too but I couldn't find it there.

That's a pretty attractive option with 2.95 monthly out of season. I think I just picked out my 2018 bday gift

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Thanks! You'd think that would be on the garmin site too but I couldn't find it there.

That's a pretty attractive option with 2.95 monthly out of season. I think I just picked out my 2018 bday gift
    If you have time to purchase wait for a sale at Atmosphere. Thats where I got my original delourme. I checked prices everywhere and they were all pretty much the same ($5-10 difference). Atmosphere as a couple 25% off sales a year. I picked up the orange model for the price of a yellow one.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Another thing is to look for a promo code or event through Garmin/delourme. When i bought mine, some back packing group had a promo code for 15% of your monthly plans for the life of the unit. That beat any $75 promo Delourme was offering if you bought a unit. Google is your friend.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.