Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Othello exit

Re: Othello exit

Its people living out of their cars/rvs there used to be one or two well hidden but its grown over winter and now there seems to be several from the Othello exit and northward along the river. Nothing to do with first nations as far as I know. Sounds like the cops just don't want to get involved.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Ya I was also told it's a bunch of squatters, a friend mentioned something to me like 1 lady was camped there for work and ended up taking up permanent residence then others followed suit

You would be looking for the ministry of environment or forests to deal with squatters on crown land.
    I can't see the RCMP getting involved until such time as an order has been placed for their removal and a need for enforcement of that order is necessary.

Would you be referring to http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...oquihalla_cyn/ We drove the Coquihalla yesterday and saw the sign about Coquihalla canyon park.

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    Would you be referring to http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...oquihalla_cyn/ We drove the Coquihalla yesterday and saw the sign about Coquihalla canyon park.
    No that's a provincial park on the west side of the hwy, not a lot of chance squatting in a provincial park. Its right beside the Coq hwy on the east side, just past the Othello exit you can see them if you look along the river for a couple kms upstream from the exit.
    edit- I should say you could see them, the leaves are coming out fast now they'll be more hidden soon.
    Last edited by Salty; 04-22-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this