Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Othello exit

Othello exit

Can anyone fill me in on what happened to this area for camping?? There is now a motorhome there with a permanent shelter etc..... also private property signs all over. Place looks disgusting. Been going there for years and never seen this before. Looks like a homeless community has taken over. Anyone else see this?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Othello exit

You talking about Caroline mines? That trailer will be there until the company that's in the old mine is finished, could be years. They are taking the left overs from the old tailings pile.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by walnutz View Post
    Can anyone fill me in on what happened to this area for camping?? There is now a motorhome there with a permanent shelter etc..... also private property signs all over. Place looks disgusting. Been going there for years and never seen this before. Looks like a homeless community has taken over. Anyone else see this?

Maybe inform RCMP, include the references to permanent shelters on crown land being not legal? I'm not sure the ownership of the campgrounds there. Either way it's not a legal settlement.

It's hard with the lack of resources for homeless in the FV, but motorhomes aren't super cheap either. That being said there's people in permanent "camps" that don't leave a shit-ton of mess, poverty isn't an excuse for slobishness.

There was an incident a few years ago where someone stole a bulldozer up there on a weekend and wedged it in one of the shafts.
    Not sure what other damage took place.

The motor home has been at the entrance to Caroline Mine ever since...

Yeah, it’s been there for years. And it is an eyesore.

I used to hunt there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

No this is Othello exit, a couple before Caroline mine. If you take the exit and follow it along the hwy you come to the bridge that crosses the river beside that checkered tower and rite there on the riverbank is a motor home with a shelter built around it. Just looks like S*&^ and there is signs all over the camping area that its private property.

I spoke to the Hope RCMP office and they mentioned they think its Native land and they have put those signs up themselves....... Explains the mess and several broken down trailer and motorhomes. Pretty sad since that spot for camping was on the river was always amazing for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by walnutz View Post
    I spoke to the Hope RCMP office and they mentioned they think its Native land and they have put those signs up themselves....... Explains the mess and several broken down trailer and motorhomes. Pretty sad since that spot for camping was on the river was always amazing for the kids.
    The RCMP the signs up? Or is it a Native Camp. It would be pretty easy for the RCMP to determine if it was deeded land, part of a settlement, etc. If not the Laws should be enforced
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

RCMP didn't put up any signs she told me. Wasn't giving me much information other than she believed the area I was talking about was native land they are aware of it and whats happening. To me that meant either they cant do anything about it or they can but wont take the time to look.