Thread: 4-23 Goats

4-23 Goats

Does anyone have an experience hunting goats in 4-23...I know, I know, that still covers a lot of ground. Does anyone have any experiences they are willing to share in regards to access....pondering coming in from the Canal Flats side (White River, although I haven't been here in a few years, not sure about the roads with all the fires last year??) and/or coming in from Elkford side....Elk River FSR.

The plan is to do a 7-9 day hunt, mid-late Oct, trying to keep it do a one-1.5 day walk in each way.....am a fit, strong walker/backpacker, so that isn't an issue. Open to ideas if anyone has any intel they are willing to share.

Thx

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 4-23 Goats

I shot my goat out of 4-24e hit me up if you need any info

I would go north, quite a bit north and put in in an area where there isnt so much local interest. The EK has a ton of hard core hunters and they put in for any draw they can, they know the area well. Put in further north and you have a better chance of being drawn in a zone that has way better goat opportunities. Look at the leh synopsis and the harvest stats.

Thanks for the note. We got goats up in the Peace last year...trying to find somewhere a bit closer this year as my time is somewhat limited...ie, can't do the full two week haul up to the Peace and back this year. Admittedly trying to avoid the crowds, but happy to be exploring somewhere new and interesting as well.