Thread: Big Island Family fun.

Big Island Family fun.

this March my wife, kids and I went to Kona to have one last trip before my daughter heads off to college next year.

My boy and I chased hogs with dogs and did a bit of Black Sheep hunting. We caught 3 hogs one morning but we let them go as we never caught any good boars. Colton ended up killing a great sheep after a number of blown stalks. We hunted with Nahele Outfitters. Kalima was our guide and he did a great job, I would hunt with him any day.

the whole family went out fishing with the High Noon Sportsfishing crew. Jah and Stu are awesome to fish with this is the second time I have fished with them and are planning on going back again.

If you are headed that way i would look up both of these outfits. First class but affordable.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big Island Family fun.

Looks like a great family holiday , fun times .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Awesome nice work!!!

Very nice indeed! We are going to Hawaii around Xmas with the whole family.
    For hunting; do you need to reserve ahead, get licenses etc. Or can all that be arranged "on the spot"??
    Thanks.

Great job there,that's a great island.

You need an exemption to hunt from the state of Hawaii. Do it before with your credentials which are your bc # and passport. That's is what I sent in and it worked for me. The form is on line. If you go with an outfitter then you must book. There are public lands though and you can legally self guide and go it alone.
    They have axis deer too.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Very nice indeed! We are going to Hawaii around Xmas with the whole family.
    For hunting; do you need to reserve ahead, get licenses etc. Or can all that be arranged "on the spot"??
    Thanks.
    You need to get your license ahead of time. Go on the Hawaii website and apply. I believe it is $90 usd. You need proof of your hunters education credentials. I just printed out the FWID information page and scanned that for them. I don't have my old core certificate.
    I would call Mike from Nahele and tell him what days you would like to hunt and what species you would like to hunt as well. The outfitters typically want some notice as that allows them to get you on to the best private land they can.
    You will need to book your trip with High Noon as well a head of time. Great value on that boat, $900 usd for 8 hours and you can take your whole family.

Looks like a great vacation, good on you for spending some great time with your family

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    You need to get your license ahead of time. Go on the Hawaii website and apply. I believe it is $90 usd. You need proof of your hunters education credentials. I just printed out the FWID information page and scanned that for them. I don't have my old core certificate.
    I would call Mike from Nahele and tell him what days you would like to hunt and what species you would like to hunt as well. The outfitters typically want some notice as that allows them to get you on to the best private land they can.
    You will need to book your trip with High Noon as well a head of time. Great value on that boat, $900 usd for 8 hours and you can take your whole family.
    Thanks for the info!

What a Great Family Holiday. !!