Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canada in the Rough

Re: Canada in the Rough

I saw the episode and I was surprised they even aired the show cause the foootage was very boring! Except when he almost got run over by the moose.

I saw 'Russian brown bear' and PVR'd the show expecting driven bear hunting or the Kamchatka bears.

What a snooze fest it was. IMO All it did was put its pro hunters to sleep and gave the antis more fuel

I never saw the episode, but bears are hunted over bait all across Canada. The only reason we don't do it in BC is because we have grizzly bears that would cause too many incidents. How is this unethical? Find a food source and hunt over it. Not unlike hunting fall bears in an oat field behind the house. You know the bears will be there..... Would that not be hunting? Moose with a dog...... I would be up for that. Are you against hunting bears, cougars, lynx, or wild boars with dogs? I don't personally see the difference, except that I would think the recovery rate of wounded game would be much higher with dogs. More tags filled, less wasted game and a new experience. I do see where you are coming from though, we have a hard time accepting what we did not grow up with. Growing up in Alberta, I used to take issue with baiting ungulates.... totally foreign to me, but I bet there are a number of hunters here that have hunted deer over hay, near a stack, or grain pile. It is just different than what we are used to, not unethical imo.

I thinknpeople need to take a closer look at how we do things... many people hunt bears on rivers in the fall..
    Every other province in canada are all hunting over bait.
    We run cats and bears with dogs all the time... thoes bears were shot over bait.. and probably made life for the fish farm workers better at the same time..

Shooting a moose over a dog.. it is another form of dog hunting.. people seem to think dogs are self taught..donyou have any idea how much time thoes guys spend training them... did anyone listen to how the dogs are used? They explained the dogs job and how it was done in there as well...

I fully aggree with the fact people have thigs they like and things they dont.. but man, give it a rest.. they are hunting.

I'm glad we can't hunt ungulates with dogs in BC. I bet a lot of guys here would shoot a dog if they saw it chasing deer or a moose, no question.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I'm glad we can't hunt ungulates with dogs in BC. I bet a lot of guys here would shoot a dog if they saw it chasing deer or a moose, no question.
    Elkhounds don't chase their prey. They follow them quietly until they find the animal. They then start barking and keep the animal at bay until the hunters catch up. It is amazing seeing how a 50 - 60 lbs dog can keep a 1,000+ lbs moose from squishing it. A fellow in Finland that I have news of second hand from another Elkhound owner on here had a dog in their trials training maintain this for over 9 hours.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...58&action=view
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    You can but they have to be leashed the whole time. Seems kinda pointless to me.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    I thinknpeople need to take a closer look at how we do things... many people hunt bears on rivers in the fall..
    I fully aggree with the fact people have thigs they like and things they dont.. but man, give it a rest.. they are hunting.
    Totally agree with 835.
    Legal does not equal right. Illegal does not equal wrong.
    How many shows air every day of people shooting ungulates over bait? - grain piles, food plots, salt blocks, etc.
    We pursue pretty much every game animal where they eat, chase girls, sleep or travel between.
    Twist and pull.