Thread: Boss and Davis lake

Boss and Davis lake

Has anyone been up and around Boss and Davis lake lately? Planning on camping there in a few weeks and wondering what the snow levels are like.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boss and Davis lake

Bring a shovel.

You'd have an iffy time getting in there with a truck till some snow melts. There was a foot of compact from snow machines and its rotted out and soft in places as of a week or so ago.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

We took the Kane valley shortcut on our way to Kelowna yesterday, we decided to take a quick peek at boss and Davis lakes. The road in was hairy to say the least, we made it, but it was a tough slog, even in a couple of weeks I suspect some areas with higher snow accumulations and less sunshine will still contain snow.
    We were in a one ton dually with huge tires so that probably did not help much.

Any updates on this? Looking to see if it is worth doing a day trip this weekend. Heard the ice is off... Has water turned?

No idea what the Lakes are like right now but just heard that one of the roads off of Coalmont Rd. to the Davis lake campground is washed out and will not be repaired until after the Long Weekend. If I hear anything more I'll post it.

We went in from coldwater last weekend. We were able to get to boss and Davis. A couple areas with some deep puddles but nothing major. Our plan was to drive through to Princeton but there was a washout right at the end of the lakes. There was a pickup on the other side so may be doable but I would think with more melt it might be a tough go

My friend was up there last weekend. They came in from the coq and were able to get to the lake towing a camping trailer.

Some snow on the road but they got there with a trailer so cant be that bad