Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Maven Optics

Anyone using Maven Optics

Once again looking to upgrade gear. Thinking about the Maven B1 or B2 binoculars
    Anyone with experience? I’d love to get a closer look, I’m in Vancouver if anyone has some to look at. I know they have a demo program but thought I’d try hear first.
    Appreciate any intel
    Thx

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone using Maven Optics

I've got some C1's in 10x42. Outstanding glass.

I've got a pair of 8x30 B.3's and the RS.1 riflescope on order. Will report thoughts in due course.

was looking at maven myself. They look good. would love to hear from others as well

Maven's I looked through at the sheep show in Reno last January were generally impressive, especially the B2 11x45 (seemed to be similar optically to the big 3 and about $1,00US). The C1 10x42 was very good for the price (about $325 US). I was not as impressed with the B1 10x42 ($900 or so) given the price but everyone's eye's are different and others may like them. I was looking out of interest, not buying as I already have big 3 binos and only spent 20 minutes looking at those 3 pair so take it for what is worth.

I have read some great reviews of the B2 9x45mm. Mavens are made by Kamakura in Japan and apparently the 9x45mm and the 11x45mm are actually designed by Kamakura. Not made to a given design spec from Maven. The 9x45 are reviewed to be awesome performance at any price. I haven’t ordered a pair yet because I’m ok right now for binos, but that will probably be my next bino purchase.

I'm looking at the Maven B2's, just wondering if you guys got dinged with duty fees?

Quote Originally Posted by whitegoat View Post
    I'm looking at the Maven B2's, just wondering if you guys got dinged with duty fees?
    There are no duties on optics. You’ll have to pay sales tax. The last spotting scope I bought was from overseas and the sender screwed up and classified it as “sporting goods” on the paperwork. That carries an 18% duty,,,,..ouch. I had to pay it on delivery then mail in an appeal. Took probably 3 or 4 months to get that money back.

Cleared customs with no duty. B2 11x45 are great. Next purchase is there S1 angled apotting scope.

Quote Originally Posted by JPG View Post
    Once again looking to upgrade gear. Thinking about the Maven B1 or B2 binoculars
    Anyone with experience? I’d love to get a closer look, I’m in Vancouver if anyone has some to look at. I know they have a demo program but thought I’d try hear first.
    Appreciate any intel
    Thx
    You wont be disappointed.