Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let Turkey stick it up your a**

Re: Let Turkey stick it up your a**

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Sure its a new opportunity, thats a good thing. At only one permit for each hunt obviously there is consideration for growth and who knows, maybe eventually a gos
    baby steps
    There is allready a spring GOS and a fall GOS, the LEH is to have a controlled thinning a few problem birds by hunters as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Ha, ha - your all a bunch of nerds. Who is going to pay for a LEH card for a turkey when you can buy a butter ball at the store for $2/lb. Go waste your gas and money on LEH, the come back to us and say,"wow, it tastes just like a real turkey!". Get a life.
    I take it by that comment, you have never eaten a wild turkey !

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaihunter View Post
    The second season in R4 is Sept 1-30 Bow Only, Bearded, Oct 1-15 Open, any turkey. I doubt there was high harvest rate during this time as most hunters are focused in on big game species so this December season is a nice filler.

I've never had a fall turkey before, I wonder if they will have a little more fat/meat on them opposed to a spring turkey.
    They are definitely more tender and if you take a hen, it will be very good, just a tad smaller.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by canucks6 View Post
    What a joke. Money grab if I have ever seen one. Kill every whitetail that pokes its head out and then make a Turkey leh draw. So sad.
    The whitetail are doing just fine, and even great in many areas, and where they are lower, they will bounce back as soon as we have some easier winters, relax...and this turkey hunt is just more increased opportunity...

I'm definitely putting in for this, turkey hunting is a blast, so to get an extra season when very few other hunters are in the woods is great. Might have to strap on the snowshoes for this hunt but since I spend every weekend snowshoeing and watching wildlife anyhow it would be a bonus to kill another turkey just in time for Christmas. I used to come across them all the time in the winter but the last couple of winters has changed their habits a bit, at least on crown. Too bad you can't use rimfire in the fall, they're a lot more difficult to call in close in autumn so the added reach of a 22lr/22mag/17hmr would be really beneficial.

Hey stinkyharrytoolips the whitetail are doing fine, I agree. But the numbers are obviously lower recently. That is fine with me cause they are quite resilient. But why not do a doe draw instead of a wide open season. As far as the Turkey leh I m not a fan, what's next grouse?

Perplexing alright, given their populations have exploded in the Kootenays. They are an absolute nuisance in some areas.
    Live to Hunt...

LEH for birds? What's next, punch tags for ditch chickens?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Ha, ha - your all a bunch of nerds. Who is going to pay for a LEH card for a turkey when you can buy a butter ball at the store for $2/lb. Go waste your gas and money on LEH, the come back to us and say,"wow, it tastes just like a real turkey!". Get a life.

Agreed!!! What a Buch if loooosers! I only go hunting when the $/lb make sense. Who the heck cares about the experience!!

unless of course you are being as sarcastic as me. In that case I agree.

I don't want to let a turkey stick anything up my ass.