Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let Turkey stick it up your a**

Re: Let Turkey stick it up your a**

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Ahhh... isn't it increasing overall opportunity?
    Yea, that was my understanding, unless it comes out in the regs that they’ve done away with the open season.

Turkey is LEH in all of BC now? I'm not able to find any info about this, where are you guys reading this?

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    Turkey is LEH in all of BC now? I'm not able to find any info about this, where are you guys reading this?
    No. The new LEH's have an "any turkey" draw in December, which was a closed season anyway.

The normal speculators on HBC are getting up in arms about things without any information.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    No. The new LEH's have an "any turkey" draw in December, which was a closed season anyway.

The normal speculators on HBC are getting up in arms about things without any information.
    Ah thanks, I always want to verify "straight from the source" whenever possible. I did see it on the LEH but couldn't find any amendments to the synopsis. Seems kind of random but I'm all for a "new" LEH season to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    You are probably right. Good point. The reasoning on the LEH is because of all the complaints from people who don't appreciate the turkeys crapping on vehicles and other property, digging, and making noise at all times of the day and night.
    Sounds similar to the 7-20A elk situation. Except in my experience most landowners don’t want hunters to shoot elk on their land.

The second season in R4 is Sept 1-30 Bow Only, Bearded, Oct 1-15 Open, any turkey. I doubt there was high harvest rate during this time as most hunters are focused in on big game species so this December season is a nice filler.

I've never had a fall turkey before, I wonder if they will have a little more fat/meat on them opposed to a spring turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post

Yes. You can still hunt spring and fall as usual and you may get a draw for late Dec as well. Bow and Shotgun, BTW for the leh. So...what`s the big deal ? Not like everybody is going out for one as if it was a cow elk draw.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Sure its a new opportunity, thats a good thing. At only one permit for each hunt obviously there is consideration for growth and who knows, maybe eventually a gos
    baby steps
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Ha, ha - your all a bunch of nerds. Who is going to pay for a LEH card for a turkey when you can buy a butter ball at the store for $2/lb. Go waste your gas and money on LEH, the come back to us and say,"wow, it tastes just like a real turkey!". Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Ha, ha - your all a bunch of nerds. Who is going to pay for a LEH card for a turkey when you can buy a butter ball at the store for $2/lb. Go waste your gas and money on LEH, the come back to us and say,"wow, it tastes just like a real turkey!". Get a life.

Hey man, some of us are just looking for a legitimate excuse to get out there.
    Maybe, just maybe, some of us like hunting.