Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH is out

Re: LEH is out

Turkey on LEH, interesting.

Is it just me or did the bison section seem bigger in previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Is it just me or did the bison section seem bigger in previous years?

What about the Elk, Mule deer, Moose, sheep and goat? Oh wait.. that's everything...

Klappan LEH for moose??

The LEH Turkey is great news! It's an additional opportunity for Turkey during Winter. I love it, Turkey Doggos are legal and are a very interesting method for Turkey Hunting.

I get that there are people upset with no Griz and WAY less Moose for sure this year but that's how it goes for now. It's not Turkey's problem or fault. I am still not happy about the Woverine closure (not new now and nada to do with this year's LEH) in the Kootenay Region 4 to consolidate southern BC seasons... Lame AF! Yet still we move forward, as best we all can.

Very kind and generous offer from Srupp as well. Good on ya and Lots'O'Luck to all!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 04-13-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    Skeena elk.
    Authorizations are 1 apiece, yet hunters are "encouraged to apply for hunts as a group of 2 or more,....
    A money grab or a hunt?
    I wouldn't doubt that some of those TBD hunts end up the same.
    They are saying it will increase the odds of getting permission from landowners lol

I know for 6-04 this is not going to help as most landowners will not give access unless they know you or know of you lol

I recommend anyone looking at skeena elk line up permission before applying as it might be a waste of a leh and fuel otherwise

New calf moose LEH in region 7??? Let's kill all the recruitment too. Hey, I got another great idea. Let's cry that there's too many deer on the Charlottes because they have no natural predators, then lets pay some kiwi "sharpshooters" to come cull them, then we'll make black bear (the only deer predator) a LEH and only give out 4 tags.

These people are paid with my tax dollars??? SMH.

Is that the same for Zone A of 6-08?

I thought this was going to be positive for the proposed Skeena private land elk hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    They are saying it will increase the odds of getting permission from landowners lol

I know for 6-04 this is not going to help as most landowners will not give access unless they know you or know of you lol

I recommend anyone looking at skeena elk line up permission before applying as it might be a waste of a leh and fuel otherwise
    Same in the Bulkley Valley. I know people have been waiting a long time for the chance at a local elk and it would be too bad if the draws were wasted on someone who doesn't realize that access may be hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

Very true, Iv talked to a couple that say they won’t let anyone hunt their farms, and a couple that say only people they know. Should be interesting. I see we got the 6-04 moose draw numbers back also, must be because of changes to the gos? Curious to see the new regs.