Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

Re: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

I really DON't know what to think about this ? I DO think it could be done with our OWN people ?? here from Canada ! The Indians DO NOT WANT a Bunch of Hunters there at ALL so that would be out for sure ! The INDIANs do WANT the QCIslands back ALL to them selves - I have chatted to some of them over the years i went there and that is NO Doubt there intentions ! jmo RJ

This is interesting ! The SPCA confirmed it was impressed by the clean kills that minimized suffering to the deer. “I was blown away at how professional it was,” said Sara Dubois, the SPCA’s chief scientific officer. “They would only take head shots — no body shots — and only if they could guarantee an instant kill.”
    Oh Sara your so NAIVE !

There is a double standard with Haida Gwaii blacktail. On one hand they are culling them (only in the National Park where no one can hunt anyhow) and on the other, they refuse to go to a NBL regulation where hunting is allowed. The local communities would lose it. The islands basically live off deer meat and increased pressure from mainland hunters would cause a major uproar from the Haida and other locals. On one hand they love them and on the other they’re trying to kill them all. I say just let them be and spend your cull money elsewhere (wolves/whitetail). Plus I don’t need all you HBCers flooding over here and finding my elk spots ��

Even relaxing the 5 in possession rules and allowing 15 in possession would drop the population significantly.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Even relaxing the 5 in possession rules and allowing 15 in possession would drop the population significantly.
    They’re not that easy to hunt in numbers. But it would certainly make the trip more appealing for mainlanders who try to justify the cost of a trip based on the amount of venison they can possibly bring home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Staal View Post
    There is a double standard with Haida Gwaii blacktail. On one hand they are culling them (only in the National Park where no one can hunt anyhow) and on the other, they refuse to go to a NBL regulation where hunting is allowed. The local communities would lose it. The islands basically live off deer meat and increased pressure from mainland hunters would cause a major uproar from the Haida and other locals. On one hand they love them and on the other they’re trying to kill them all. I say just let them be and spend your cull money elsewhere (wolves/whitetail). Plus I don’t need all you HBCers flooding over here and finding my elk spots ��
    good insight from a local, thanks GS
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Don't shoot me guys, but I have seen whole lines on aerial shot animals (deer) on the hooks in New Zealand all head or neck shot. Man these guys are good and if you think it's easy, come on over and you can pay by the hour to practice.
    As our red deer got more shot up, they got smart and you would see them heading for trees or scrub cover at the far sound of a chopper.
    In scrub country they learned to lay down flat, (just as a fawn/calf will) to evade detection.
    Unfortunately for those that are opposed to the Haida Gwaii cull, our red deer were subjected to gradual aerial shooting where most deer in the early days got away and the survivors had years to get smart, but I doubt the black tail will have time to learn the tricks of survival.
    Most aerial deer recovery in NZ is now done with 12ga. buckshot and I would be surprised that as the black tail numbers get lower the 12ga. will not be used. It has great humane knockdown when fired from above with minimal meat damage.
    I have no idea what the habitat/cover is on Haida Gwaii, but here in NZ our mature forests protected our deer from near annihilation as aerial shooting is only effective in scrub or clearings.
    Forest hunting extermination by man and dog is possible over 5000 acres or more may be, but 1000s of us hunters tried to shoot the last deer in NZ in the heady days of meat hunting here in NZ (1960-2000) but we never got close.

I say, cherish and preserve the hunting and the game species you have in the vast wilderness areas of BC, where the game is a natural resident and not doing environment harm through overpopulation.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

That's quite insightful, thanks, but the main issue here is not so much the method of shooting as it is the
    hiring of outside contractors, especially considering our current federal governments agenda to take guns
    away from it's citizens. They would prefer that nobody had firearms except the police and military, so will
    do anything to thwart those that use guns even for legitimate hunting. Had our prime minister,"Mr Dressup",
    his way, he would even contract out the military so that he could do away with firearms all together in this
    country. leaving the gangsters and other violent bad people free range with their illegal weapons.