Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

Re: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

...... This is laughable, our government is a joke.......

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Haha what a joke 'SPCA spokesperson says they were impressed with the ethical kills via headshots....head shots from a low flying helo with a semi 223 at a moving target. Wonder how many deer are walking around with their lower jaw missing.

Whole thing is a joke
    Maybe those guys from N Z ARE better than us. Chicken shit gun from a chopper at moving targets and head shots.!! Better not piss off New Zealand.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Wow the deer must be pretty bad....give them a boat ride to the mainland....we need more blacktails over here lol

The govt. is just preparing Haida Gwai to give back to the Indians very shortly. The islands and 200 Kim’s of water around them. Should be good for a little income from the tanker traffic.

Arrow Re: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    The govt. is just preparing Haida Gwai to give back to the Indians very shortly. The islands and 200 Kim’s of water around them. Should be good for a little income from the tanker traffic.
    You are closer to the truth than you might actually realize.
    The Haida have applied to a sympathetic federal government for SOLE Access to all fisheries in massive areas surrounding the Queen Charlottes. Those, after Justine approves them, will eliminate ALL commercial and recreational fisheries in those areas completely.

And band after band to the south & north are waiting with bated breath...

Sad Times...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Whats with the nay saying why not look at the positive.

Gov makes a decision to solve a problem and takes affirmative action 👍
    A precedent has been set on how to deal with unwanted wildlife 👍
    Locals weren't able to keep up with the growing pop. , something had to be done
    SPCA has a sympathizer in their midst, better than all naysayers 👍
    likely the dogs are being used to drive deer, not eat them, just another tool 👍
    Likely the math will play out to less $$ per head if they take out a target of thousands
    Couple of Mil$ for a crew with equipment is small potatoes. A local hiking trail is soaking up 10 times that much..
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post

Gov makes a decision to solve a problem and takes affirmative action 
    A precedent has been set on how to deal with unwanted wildlife 
    SPCA has a sympathizer in their midst, better than all naysayers 
    likely the dogs are being used to drive deer, not eat them, just another tool 
    Likely the math will play out to less $$ per head if they take out a target of thousands
    Couple of Mil$ for a crew with equipment is small potatoes. A local hiking trail is soaking up 10 times that much..
    My criticism is not about the government's decision to cull the deer, it's about the hiring of foreigners to do it,
    especially considering the history of the Liberal attitude about Canadians using and owning firearms. First of all,
    they should be keeping the expenditure of our dollars 'in house' to benefit Canadians rather than foreigners, and
    secondly, there are more than enough 'sharp shooters' right home in Canada that are able to do the job.
    I stand by my comments about it being a political decision not to be a part of Canadians owning and using firearms.

I dont disagree with you completely Boxhitch. My issue is mainly with the way the article is written. There are many untruths and exaggerations with regards to how this program is being run. I have personal knowledge of it as a resident here. They have manipulated the story in the media to make it seem significantly more humane than it is. I’m not saying the cull isn’t a justified action, but don’t sugar coat it and bull shit the public as to how it’s being done. Especially not on the heels of banning the grizzly hunt and what I feel is the constant vilifying of hunting in our province. I truly belive this is a waste of 6 million dollars for many reasons. This initiative will fail. There are simply too many deer here. What will they do next? Try to eradicate the elk that were transplanted here as well? At what point do you consider a species “native” and accept them as part of the ecosystem. I’m not saying the ungulates here don’t damage certain aspects of the traditional flora/fauna, because they do. But they’ve been here for well over 100 years now and they’re not going anywhere. Spending this kind of money to thin the population on a few isolated, uninhabited islands in a national park 3-4 hours boat ride from anywhere.....is a poor allocation of funding in my honest opinion. But we all know what opinions are worth lol

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post

Gov makes a decision to solve a problem and takes affirmative action 
    A precedent has been set on how to deal with unwanted wildlife 
    SPCA has a sympathizer in their midst, better than all naysayers 
    likely the dogs are being used to drive deer, not eat them, just another tool 

Wonder why they just didn't transplant a few dozen wolves. It would be 'fascinating' watching them decimate the deer herds and then wipe out the Spirit Bear.

I listen to any opinion and keep an open mind
    As far as how it is written, no article should surprise anyone
    $6 mil sounds high but is a drop in the bucket when it comes to Gov contracts

but don’t sugar coat it and bull shit the public as to how it’s being done. Especially not on the heels of banning the grizzly hunt and what I feel is the constant vilifying of hunting in our province.
    apples and oranges imo

And the crew they brought in are likely experienced practiced professionals with support and dogs , and maybe even their own R44s? idk
    Hopefully a few Canucks are along for the ride to get experience. It takes a whole lot more than an accurate shooter
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole