Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

This outta rile up the Anti's!!

http://theprovince.com/news/local-ne...a-0c2c97e69ede
    Just think, if they had of used local hunters and charged a fee for the thrill there would have been a line up of guys to do it like hog hunting in Texas! K

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This outta rile up the Anti's!!

This article is complete and utter crap. I live in Haida Gwaii and if they think for one second that they can eradicate these deer long term it’s an absolute joke. These blacktail are like marine iguanas, they swim from island to island, feed on marine vegetation and have had no issue in populating almost the entire archipelago. Do the math on the budget, nearly $10,000 per animal to date. They will be back within a few years. It’s also a complete croc that the meat is being distributed amongst the communities. It may have been so in the beginning, for deer that were conveniently shot next to the Oceanside bait stations.....but this was simply an initial movement to appease the anti hunting community. If you think that these “New Zealand sharp shooters” are landing their helicopter (on an island where there is nowhere to land) to retrieve the carcass of a 40 pound fawn (don’t forget the ribs and neck) you are sadly mistaken. In my opinion, this massive budget could have been allocated in far more worthy locations/initiatives within B.C. it makes me additionally frustrated that I am now required to pack out the ribs and neck of these deer when the federal government has a flat out pass to shoot them and let them rot.....just a couple of islands to the south. This article is riddled with untruths and exaggerations about how this is going down. It’s a complete double standard between the feds and the everyday hunter.

Surprised Pynn wasn't onto this sooner........oh wait he isn't an investigative reporter
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

As far as I'm concerned, it stinks big time. I'm not arguing that a cull is necessary or not, but it
    should be done within in our hunting and sharpshooting Canadian citizenship. It simply goes to
    show how deeply entrenched 'Mr dressup' and his government's attitude is toward our hunting and
    gun owner's community. I'm pretty darn sure that there are more than enough qualified Canadians
    that would like to share in that $5.7 million dollars rather then hire foreigners. It would even be
    more appropriate to use our military than to resort to foreigners.

It’s just the way the article is written to try to desperately prove some form of humane and ethical harvest. A cull is a cull. Call this what it is, you have hired a slew of foreign workers to eradicate a wild animal with .223 carbine assault rifles, all forms of machinery and hunting dogs. Oh, they forgot to mention the part about the pack of hunting dogs ripping the deer to pieces before the kiwis arrive and actually shoot the animal. I wonder how that would go over with the lower mainland antis. You somehow find a way to vilify bear hunting using traditional methods, and now you release this load of crap on the public about how it is you (the government) sees fit to harvest.

when they are finished that contract they can start on the grizzlies that are chewing peoples' arses off

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuzz View Post
    when they are finished that contract they can start on the grizzlies that are chewing peoples' arses off
    As long as they can keep any of their contracts away from the "nasty gun totting public" they will!

This sounds like BS to me. Is this really true? New Zealand sharp shooters? C`mon. I know enough guys who can tie or beat anyone in the world. Hell, there must be a couple thousand on this site alone. I know that I seldom miss,and I know many guys better than me, and there are no thousand yard shots on the /charlottes. Helicopter??? Give me a break. Try getting rid of the thousand deer that live in Kimberley. They are having no luck with that judging by the 14 mulies in my yard this morning. I heard 100 were transplanted this spring from here. ( he walks away, shaking his head at stupidity)
    Last edited by sawmill; 04-11-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

When are the original occupants of Haida Gwaii (and elsewhere) going to start harvesting seals again as they historically did? Seems they are another species that may need a cull.

Haha what a joke 'SPCA spokesperson says they were impressed with the ethical kills via headshots....head shots from a low flying helo with a semi 223 at a moving target. Wonder how many deer are walking around with their lower jaw missing.

Whole thing is a joke