Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $900 (US) waterfowling waders?

Re: $900 (US) waterfowling waders?

I second the SEA-TUX waders. Custom fit, comfortable for fishing or sitting in the weeds, have a nice handwarmer pouch.

Word is that a lot of Simms guys are working at Sitka these days. Having tried a pair on and having seen the quality first hand I can say if you are looking for a waterfowl wader these things are next level! Yes you pay a premium for them, like all Sitka product but they are not messing around!

at SHOT show this year Sitka announced they partnered with Kokatat to come up with the design (they make dry suits), so I'm sure they will be solid waders
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    So have you tried any sitka ones or even seen them in person or just talking out of your rear end?

If you actually think about it, good chance Sitka got a lot of design info from Simms as Simms uses Gore-tex and Gore-tex OWNS Sitka. Can you see a little connection?

Remember, Gore-tex approves a design before a company can use/manufacture the piece. Gore provides the warranty.

Chances are real good that they are a Simms wader with a lot tougher face fabric to withstand the marsh.
    gore-tex is just a fabric. The company is W.L. Gore and Associates.
    And there is a LOT of crap out there with gore-tex. Gore's threshold for who they allow to use the fabric is actually quite low. That alone does not guarantee a great product.

I'm sure their face fabric is tougher. No doubt about that, but withstanding abrasion is just one aspect of it. Almost every company out there making breathable waders has had the majority of their issues around seam sealing, rather than the material itself.

When i said "they're all crap", that was in reference to all the others I tried besides Simms. Not Sitka ones. Yes, the gore-tex in these will probably subject them to a more stringent test by Gore which is a huge plus, but for $1200 i'd at least wait a few years till the kinks are worked out if you're really eager to spend that kind of money. And there will be kinks!

a pair of Simms G4 will cost you half and be plenty tough for years of duck hunting.