Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinder Morgan News

Re: Kinder Morgan News

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Bahahaha! I love Horgan playing the Indian card as a last ditch effort to get Trudeau to turn turtle. What a bunch of clowns; all 3 of them!
    Oh ya, I think we all saw that comin.
    Be verwy verwy quiet,,,I'm hunting wabbits!

Yes to pipeline expansion/extension & a BIG NO to piped DILBIT.

Re:dilbit-So what are the risks & the benefits to BC?
    You be the judge!
    CRED 2013 Article-(disregard section 8! Unless religious)
    http://credbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/...tain-Risks.pdf

What is Kinder Morgan’s record of spills?
    https://twnsacredtrust.ca/concerns/spill-record/

More-from articles
    -The new 36-inch line would exclusively carry heavier oils such as diluted bitumen.

-Kinder Morgan plans for each Aframax tanker, which is 245 metres long and 42 metres wide to carry approximately 575,000 barrels of oil

-300,000 barrels of oil flow a day from Alberta. Kinder Morgan’s proposal to twin the line would move 890,000 barrels.
    It would mean oil traffic in Vancouver would increase from five tankers per month to 34(or more- Between 400 & 500 per year)
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

And correct me if I'm wrong, but bitumen sinks, so if there was a spill, it wouldn't be nearly as easy to clean as oil.. it would be pretty much impossible to clean up, and kiss marine ocean life in that area good bye..

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Yes to pipeline expansion/extension & a BIG NO to piped DILBIT.

Re:dilbit-So what are the risks & the benefits to BC?
    You be the judge!
    CRED 2013 Article-(disregard section 8! Unless religious)
    http://credbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/...tain-Risks.pdf

What is Kinder Morgan’s record of spills?
    https://twnsacredtrust.ca/concerns/spill-record/

More-from articles
    -The new 36-inch line would exclusively carry heavier oils such as diluted bitumen.

-Kinder Morgan plans for each Aframax tanker, which is 245 metres long and 42 metres wide to carry approximately 575,000 barrels of oil

-300,000 barrels of oil flow a day from Alberta. Kinder Morgan’s proposal to twin the line would move 890,000 barrels.
    It would mean oil traffic in Vancouver would increase from five tankers per month to 34(or more- Between 400 & 500 per year)
    LoL. So what would be the point of building a pipeline? You are missing the whole point. We(Alberta/Canada) have a product to sell and at this point only have one client (The US) who pays us 75% of world oil prices. Shortly the US will have enough of their own oil so they won’t need ours. They may continue to buy our oil, but perhaps at 50% of the world price. The point of the pipeline is to provide access to a market that will pay us 100% of the world price....

Or are you just in favour of subsidizing the US?? I kinda like Trump...... sounds like you LOVE him.....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but bitumen sinks, so if there was a spill, it wouldn't be nearly as easy to clean as oil.. it would be pretty much impossible to clean up, and kiss marine ocean life in that area good bye..
    Actually it floats, like marshmellows...

No big deal really...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Raincoast sociopath fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...
    https://i.imgur.com/dcIWts5.png

And why do people in Alberta think that if they take the oil through the pipeline to the ports, China or others will line up to pay market price for it? The fact of the matter, which all future customers will know, is that AB is desperate to sell and they may pay 78% market price instead of 75%. On the other hand, KM is a private company where (short-term) profits will determine its course of action. Case and point, when the oil price dropped, nearly all oil-sand production by bigger companies was halted. Who can force KM or others to continue operations in any case? Why should they? Is there any assurance that AB will actually be able to sell for much more than what they sell now? Will the slightly higher potential margin be enough to cover the shipping and other costs?

Another point from from recent history, BC was all in for the LNG development and already had agreed on a price for its soul. The hope was to sell to the Chinese. China signed a long-term deal with Russia and the whole thing evaporated.
    "If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Floats at the shaker box, and for 2-3 weeks thereafter...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Nothead and turbo saying KM will go through

i am thinking its going to happen just how much drama and how many costumes it’s going to take to get it done

Sounds to me like Trudeau just stuck taxpayers neck out to ensure the pipeline is built, unless I'm hearing it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Actually it floats, like marshmellows...

No big deal really...
    I stand corrected...