Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink mnt bears

Re: Pink mnt bears

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Not many salmon streams near Pink Mountain....
    Nope.

Most bears east of the Rockies aren't really known as fish bears either.

Not sure how much snow is still up there but for bears I would consider moving north of pink mountain. Go to ft Nelson or liars area. Stay at the hot springs and cruise around there. Just my opinion

Right now? About 3’ plus. Going to be a bit before there is access anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    ............. Go to ft Nelson or liars area. Stay at the hot springs and cruise around there. Just my opinion
    More tips. Have heard the Yukon highway right-of-way has some great spring bear hunting, some of the best and earliest tender vitals. The mowing program keeps things young and fresh and berries are everywhere. Cover a lot of ground at 120 kph to find a good one
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I know when I was up there hunting as a kid there seamed to be a bear at ever gas plant rd .Should be able to find a couple .
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

In several years hunting Redfern/Buckinghorse area I've seen more grizzly sign than black bear. Maybe it is just more noticeable.

One morning my wife decided to tag along on my daybreak hunt to see what it is all about. We drove the Rhino down in darkness to a series of swamps where I'd seen fresh sign. On the way I explained that it was a good morning for tracking because the thick dew would make it easy to tell if an animal had been on the move. I showed here a couple places where the dew was disturbed by tracks. We parked, waited for first light, then did a quiet walking tour of the swamps. We didn't see any fresh moose sign but when we had looped around, almost all the way back to the Rhino, my wife proudly pointed out that we were cutting fresh sign because she could see some big footprints disrupting the dew over the road we were walking on. It was a good sized griz, we must have woken him up when we arrived. I'll always wonder if he buggered way off or if he watched us or smelled us as we walked the swamps. Regardless, the hair on our necks was on end until we were back out of the area. Next year I had a grizzly tag and we didn't see hide nor hair, funny how that works.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Think they’re pipelining in that part of the world pretty steadily. Been a while but there was a lot of bears in the Komie area east of Fort Nelson. Seemed like every 1/2 mile of road there was a bear.