Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Regulation changes

Re: Regulation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    I really hate when people jump on this cougar as a trophy hunt thing. Its a f'ing management hunt, yes people keep trophies but who cares. Its management of a species that needs to happen, it lawfully does happen, who are we to judge a fellow sportsmen if they want to keep a memento of that hunt. It's getting absurd. You call it trophy I call it necessary management of a species. And yes i do too think they went for Grizz first, now it will be cougar, black bears, wolves. They will come for the hound guys first because the non hounds guys will not care as "they aren't hurting my hunting" attitude comes into play. If we dont all stick together to protect all methods and game species as long as its being legally and ethically done we will be done for. We will suffer death of hunting by a thousand small cuts.
    This is true

Something I was told by a friend is so true. The reason many international hunting organizations stand up for all forms of hunting from high fence to the simple meat hunters is if the antis are stuck fighting the same battles gaining no ground

Too many in BC don’t understand our reasons for hunting are not important to antis you kill animals your the bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    This is true

Something I was told by a friend is so true. The reason many international hunting organizations stand up for all forms of hunting from high fence to the simple meat hunters is if the antis are stuck fighting the same battles gaining no ground

Too many in BC don’t understand our reasons for hunting are not important to antis you kill animals your the bad guy

Wouldn't it be nice if we had some sort of organization that stood up for the rights of all hunters in BC? One that people believe has infighting and helps the guides but, nonetheless, protects the resident hunter's rights as well. Perhaps we should focus on becoming members of an organization like that. /s

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had some sort of organization that stood up for the rights of all hunters in BC? One that people believe has infighting and helps the guides but, nonetheless, protects the resident hunter's rights as well. Perhaps we should focus on becoming members of an organization like that. /s
    I think the issue with said group is nobody has any faith/trust in it any longer.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Its needed and the lack of this is part of many of BCs problems

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Its needed and the lack of this is part of many of BCs problems
    Agree^^^^^^^

I'm still trying to figure out how these changes came to be.

Was there consultation with hunters regarding the retention of neck and rib meat (including black bear)?

What about cougar? Retention of cougar meat, and the above, being included in the same information bulletin as "to enforce the closure on the grizzly bear hunt" strikes me as more than slightly coincidental.

As I've said...I've pretty much always removed rib and neck meat. Never hunted cougar but have eaten it, and it's delicious.

So my question again, if anyone knows...Surely there has to be some "background" information for changes such as this to the Wildlife Act. What's the reasoning behind these changes at this time. Is there a way to find out? FOI?

Shood eat brain too right? Liver and heart, everything else lol, some guys don't eat organ meats -- eye balls etc
    Jel -- take all meat for a treat.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-09-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Some hunters don't eat organs

Not against the law to lose a species tag after it's cancled