Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulation changes

Re: Regulation changes

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    What the "H" is the reasoning for carrying cancelled tags with you when hunting another species?????????
    My guess is that if a person has tagged out, say for example on deer in region 2, then the COS want to see those cancelled tags should they find a hunter with a 3rd deer in that region, or still hunting for his 3rd deer.

Hunting for a different species probably didn't enter the rationale.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    What the "H" is the reasoning for carrying cancelled tags with you when hunting another species?????????
    It seems like it's closing an obvious loophole. Here's a hypothetical...

I buy 1 mule deer license and go shoot a buck in region 8, cut my tag and bring the deer home. I then go buy 1 more mule deer license and head back into region 8 looking for another mulie (knowing it was illegal).

A CO stops me while out in the field and is checking everything out, he is able to see I've purchased 2 mule deer tags and asks to see them. Last year, I could have simply said, "oh, I cut that on a region 3 buck earlier this year and it's at home, framed in a picture. Or I've thrown it out once I got the animal back home and processed". By not having to carry all your species licenses with you, there was no way for a CO to verify the details of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    I question the reasoning as well. Realistically, before going to the new tag system, we had them in the booklet and that stayed with us so no problem there. Perhaps we should simply go back to the booklet again?
    I don’t get why it’s an issue now for some to have to carry the cancelled tags, the booklet had the tags in it and you had to carry the booklet with you so you still would be carrying cancelled tags.

I dont understand the cougar hunt. I thought it was a pred. And we dont eat predators. You can eat whatever you like, but I thought it was like coyote etc, you dont have to eat it if you harvest one.
    Thats off my bucket list now.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    I dont understand the cougar hunt. I thought it was a pred. And we dont eat predators. You can eat whatever you like, but I thought it was like coyote etc, you dont have to eat it if you harvest one.
    Cougar is delicious. Put it back on your bucket list. And if you don't want to eat the meat, donate it to your fish & game club for their annual banquet, they'd love to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    This is exactly why the reg was changed, to try to get hunters to quit hunting !

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I believe anyone that has an online account for hunting also received an email about it. It was certainly well advertised and circulated. Your regional office knew about it. For sure.
    I have an account and received no email?
    I talked to the regional section head today and he first heard about it on Tuesday when he got back to work after taking 3 days off last week. You would think there would have been more discussion of this prior to changing the regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Cougar is delicious. Put it back on your bucket list. And if you don't want to eat the meat, donate it to your fish & game club for their annual banquet, they'd love to have it.
    Right on. Cougar meat is delicious.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Who's got a quick way to strip rib meat when using the gutless method? I've never bothered since i switched to gutless method. Seems like too much hassle for little meat. But i guess i have no choice now.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Who's got a quick way to strip rib meat when using the gutless method? I've never bothered since i switched to gutless method. Seems like too much hassle for little meat. But i guess i have no choice now.
    Called Rib Roll
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDkLman-FE
    Yes I hear you,for deer-bear lots of work for maybe a 2-3 lbs of tough meat . But it keep the Anti's off are back till the next regulation change .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......