Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulation changes

Hybrid View

Regulation changes

As of April 1 we will have to remove neck and rib cage meat, the four quarters and the lions from all cougar, black bear, deer, moose, goat, sheep, caribou elk, bison.
    Did anyone know this regulation change was coming down the pipe? Our regional office had no idea this was coming.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Regulation changes

It was mentioned last week, and also announced via here:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...gesapril18.pdf

Damn that Grizzly bear not only did he eat the liver but the neck and ribs too!!

I believe anyone that has an online account for hunting also received an email about it. It was certainly well advertised and circulated. Your regional office knew about it. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I believe anyone that has an online account for hunting also received an email about it. It was certainly well advertised and circulated. Your regional office knew about it. For sure.
    I have an account and received no email?
    I talked to the regional section head today and he first heard about it on Tuesday when he got back to work after taking 3 days off last week. You would think there would have been more discussion of this prior to changing the regulations.

I'm setup for the online hunting licensing etc and never received anything about this...

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I have an account and received no email?
    I talked to the regional section head today and he first heard about it on Tuesday when he got back to work after taking 3 days off last week. You would think there would have been more discussion of this prior to changing the regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I'm setup for the online hunting licensing etc and never received anything about this...
    Yes, my apologies. I checked my deleted mail and you are correct. I did not receive an automated email on this from the online system. Though automated notifications is easy to implement. I did, however receive two notification emails on it from Government sources. One being my MLA.

Everyone I've ever hunted with already did this, there is a lot of good meat on the neck of an elk or moose, even a deer has a fair amount. As for the rib meat it only takes a couple of minutes to strip out and goes into sausage.

I did NOT get any emails from them

Quote Originally Posted by warbird2006 View Post
    I did NOT get any emails from them
    Please read the entire thread. Post 49.