Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulation changes

Re: Regulation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    No issues with the changes but what happens with a gut shot animal which happens from time to time?
    Ceratainly don't want to cantaminate good meat with tainted rib meat.

SSS
    I guess I'll carry a separate game bag for contaminated meat, which will go directly into the garbage when I get home.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Not having read the actual legislation yet, there isn’t the disclaimer as per previous years about meat that has been rendered unfit for consumption by method of take?

I wonder if they want to shutdown hunting by over regulating hunting.

Just take all edible portions as we have hopefully always done. if they want us to take the 15 extra jerky thin meat strips between the ribs home, fine. I for one have always taken the neck meat. That is a lot of burger on a moose! I thought these guys would have been more environmentally cautious and would want us to share our harvest with the forest creatures.... selfish *******s!

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I guess I'll carry a separate game bag for contaminated meat, which will go directly into the garbage when I get home.
    I ain't doing it. I'll take a photo. Pack out what is clean and useable and deal with a CO when and IF it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Just pull the guts when you have completed everything else and strip the rib meat going up and down each rib bone with the knife, or use a bone saw and cut ribs along spine and pack out the rib bone. No big deal. Not a lot of added weight. All that is left is just the spine cleaned off to nothing. Make sure to take a photo as some on this board will call you out if you mention the words 'gutless' and 'backpack hunting' in the same sentence.
    This. Even though its called the gutless method there's no real rules here and it only takes a minute or two to open up the stomach and pull the innards out at the end. Then just cut against both sides of each rib bone and collect the meat. I did this last year and this meat makes a killer stew btw. Or, just saw the ribs off and pack m out whole if you have the room.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I wonder how Jassmine does it, i mean she is so smart and savy, i will wait till she tells me the right way along with her pictures of her doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    I wonder how Jassmine does it, i mean she is so smart and savy, i will wait till she tells me the right way along with her pictures of her doing it
    I was having a bad day....til I read this^^^...lol

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I have an account and received no email?
    I talked to the regional section head today and he first heard about it on Tuesday when he got back to work after taking 3 days off last week. You would think there would have been more discussion of this prior to changing the regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I'm setup for the online hunting licensing etc and never received anything about this...
    Yes, my apologies. I checked my deleted mail and you are correct. I did not receive an automated email on this from the online system. Though automated notifications is easy to implement. I did, however receive two notification emails on it from Government sources. One being my MLA.

Here’s a link to a video which shows a similar method I have found works for deboning ribs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hZTVqiTxw